Data Process Specialist
DATA PROCESS SPECIALIST (JOB ID: 90)
Data Process Specialist
Application Deadline – May 10, 2022
Location: Elk River, MN preferred or another approved Great River Energy (GRE) facility
Position: Eligible for hybrid schedule
Growth & Development: Gain insights into many aspects of the electric transmission industry, work with stakeholders across a broad range of business functions and develop skills and knowledge in the rapidly evolving field of data science.
Keys to Success: Strong experience, knowledge, and fluency in the analytic domains of electric grid materials coordination OR asset and work management is a priority.
GRE is a not-for-profit wholesale electric power cooperative which provides electricity to 28 member-owner distribution cooperatives. Together, our systems serve 700,000 families, farms, and businesses in Minnesota. GRE is the second largest electric power supplier in Minnesota and one of the largest generation and transmission cooperatives in the country and our mission is to provide our member-owners with affordable, reliable energy in harmony with a sustainable environment.
The accelerating evolution of this nation’s electrical transmission and distribution grid systems require multitudes of decisions that all depend on data. Understanding the nature, meaning, and integrity of a wide range of data is foundational to analytics that ultimately support compliance and decisions that strive to ensuring the best balance between cost, reliability, and resilience.
The Asset Data Controls and Analytics team at GRE is looking for a Data Process Specialist to lead the development and administration of internal, cross-functional process controls across the capital project, O&M work, asset management and supply-chain business processes, providing coordination, oversight, and support to related process data entry, and providing direct support to compliance audit and reporting activities.
Additional key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Leading internal-facing, cross-functional process development, implementation, and stakeholder training efforts for at least two of the business function’s major process areas (i.e., work order, asset, and supply-chain) to ensure business improvement opportunities are realized and emerging business requirements are addressed.
· Fulfilling the role as business information system SME for the software tools (MAXIMO, INFOR) used to support the work order, asset, and supply-chain processes, including providing system administration, configuration guidance, and system upgrade support.
· Typical education will equate to a two-year technical/business college degree with seven years combined experience in one or several of the following business areas:
o Fixed asset and supply-chain accounting and compliance controls
o Data and process analysis related to operations, supply-chain, asset management, compliance, and system or business planning
o Project management
o Information technology deployment and related business process development, documentation, and training
o Electrical design, estimating or drafting
· Knowledge and general understanding of electric power system and telecommunication component function, role, and component inter-relationships in an electric utility transmission system, and ability to understand and identify the differences between common electrical units of measure is essential.
· Previous experience and strong proficiencies developing relational database queries, reports, and visual analysis using Microsoft Access, Excel, Power BI, or similar software tools required. Experience using additional Microsoft Power Platform apps such as Power Automate will be key assets in supporting this role’s process improvement responsibilities.
Qualified professionals will find we have a lot to offer: competitive compensation, continued education, an on-site workout facility, generous retirement plan, along with many more benefits. Qualified candidates, please apply at www.greatriverenergy.com under the Careers tab by May 10, 2022. GRE values diversity, equity, and inclusion and we are an equal employment opportunity employer.