As a Data Engineer at Tanium, you’ll be responsible and accountable for all aspects of Tanium’s data warehouse and associated data pipelines. Along these lines, you will be directly involved in data governance and business enablement as well as strategic planning for data architecture and underlying tooling strategies. This also includes the design, development and upkeep of engagement strategies and technical resources necessary to support decentralized BI functions operating across Tanium.
What you’ll do:
- Own and be accountable for the health, architecture, and usage of Tanium’s Enterprise Data Warehouse (Snowflake)
- Design, maintain, configure, scale, and optimize optimal data pipelines and related infrastructure, ensuring reliable & optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements including optimizing data delivery, automating manual processes, and improving governance and data quality
- Work with leadership to develop, enhance and support a self-service model for decentralized analytics teams
- Work with key stakeholders to polish and enhance the collection and calculation of key business performance metrics, in addition to addressing data-related technical issues
- Maintain a culture of transparency, accountability, and efficiency within the Business Systems organization and with all stakeholders
- Align and execute compliance mandates as necessary, including GDPR, CMMC and execution of ISO27001 policies and procedures
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products and services
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business or equivalent degree and experience
- 5+ years in a Data Engineering role with exposure to data architecture and pipeline design, management and/or integration responsibilities
- Expertise in Snowflake
- 5+ years of experience with relational NoSQL and SQL databases
- Expertise with workflow management and pipeline tools
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with data warehousing and data modelling
- Attention to detail and strong understanding of how data solves for analytical and operational use cases in Marketing, Sales, Finance, Product development Skilled in collecting, documenting, and prioritizing requirements in an Agile framework, and responding to input from multiple sources (customers, testers, engineering, competitive products, management, etc.)
These will be a Plus:
- Hands-on experience with Fivetran, Dell Boomi, DBT/DBT Cloud and/or Airflow
- Experience with AWS and AWS tools/products
- Hands-on experience with PowerBI
- Familiarity with Kanban and Agile methodology
- Google CPDE or IBM CDE certifications are a plus
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.