Radio Frequency (RF) Graduate Hire Rotational Program
Group Description: NXP is uniquely positioned to enable smart connected devices – making lives easier, safer, and more convenient. As a world leader in RF solutions, NXP offers a comprehensive suite of differentiated RF technologies with GaN, LDMOS and SiGe. With these robust technologies, we address all frequencies and power levels for 5G from sub-6 GHz to millimeter wave applications and from milliwatts to kilowatts. By collaborating with our partners, we are connecting our world and delivering solutions that help advance society.
Program Description: The successful candidates will join an exclusive training and job rotation program called “Radio Power Elevate”. You will gain a breadth of working knowledge in multiple disciplines of RF engineering and in-depth knowledge of a focus area chosen by the candidates. In addition to the training, you will be involved in state-of-the-art research projects that provide introduction and hands-on experience to our industry leading technologies. After the RP Elevate program, the candidates will be assigned to one of the product lines or technology and innovation teams based on their interests and aspirations.
Position location: Chandler, AZ
Responsibilities may include::
- Looking for energetic recent graduates who are interested in solving real world challenges in Radio Frequency Space, and willing to learn and adapt to emerging technology updates in 5G/6G/WLAN
- Candidate will be working on NXP's next generation 5G/6G products in one of the following roles: product design and architecture, system design and architecture, application engineering, production engineering, design enablement, or device engineering
- Additional responsibilities include simulation and measurement of power amplifier devices, packaged products, and system/application circuits
- Familiarity with circuit simulation tools such as Keysight ADS, HSPICE, and/or Cadence Virtuoso is a plus.
- Familiarity with electromagnetic simulation tools such as planar electromagnetic solvers (Sonnet EM and/or Keysight Momentum), and full 3D EM solvers (Ansys HFSS) and/or Keysight FEM/EMPro/RF Pro) is a plus.
- Familiarity with microwave measurement techniques (S-parameters, VNA calibration techniques, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, power meters, loadpull setups, etc) is a plus.
- Ability to independently solve problems and generate Intellectual property as needed.
- Strong communication skills and ability to ability to work in teams.
Education and experience:
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering (EE) or Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE). Other degrees may be considered.
- Graduation date: Summer’2021 to Fall’2022
- Relevant coursework in circuits and systems, Electromagnetics Engineering, Transmission lines, Radio Frequency/Microwave engineering, Communication Systems, and Device Engineering
- Up to 2 years of work experience, including Internships