Analyst, Impact Investing
Analyst, Impact Investing
- Salary: Salary range: $50,000-$75,000 commensurate on experience, 401k, Medical Insurance
- Location: Various with a preference for New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Portland, OR. (Those who are remote are still encouraged to apply)
- Closing: 11:59pm, 17th Apr 2022 EDT
Founded in 2014, Tideline is a consulting firm that provides tailored advice to clients developing impact investment strategies, products, and solutions. Our mission is to help clients excel in realizing financial and societal value. We believe in shared, sustainable prosperity powered by market-based solutions. To that end, our services include strategy development, impact management system design, impact due diligence, impact monitoring & reporting, and impact verification.
Our multi-disciplinary team delivers services of unmatched quality, grounded in deep, rigorous research and analysis. Past clients have included leading global asset owners, asset managers, and service providers active in impact investing. Tideline has offices in New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; and Portland, OR.
About the position:
This is a unique opportunity for an early-career individual to gain exposure to impact investing and strategy consulting. The Analyst will gain diverse experience playing an important role in Tideline’s consulting services, through executing research and analysis, producing client-facing materials, and supporting project coordination and management, among other responsibilities.
There is a preference for candidates located near the New York or San Francisco office; however, any candidate within US time zones is encouraged to apply as Tideline is accustomed to working remotely and will continue to have a significant proportion of remote work going forward.
Project coordination, research, and materials development (85%):
- Performing research and analysis related to client projects, including literature reviews, summaries of findings, participation in expert interviews, etc.
- Developing client-facing materials, including PowerPoint presentations and written reports
- Leading scheduling and supporting project and client management for projects
- Supporting quantitative analysis and modeling efforts for client projects (as applicable given candidate experience)
- Contributing to team meetings, brainstorming, and project planning
Operational and business development support (15%):
- Performing research to inform business development and operational efforts, as needed
- Supporting the drafting of proposals and other business development materials
- Working with other team members to address internal / operational priorities, as needed
The ideal candidate has a collaborative disposition; is analytical and driven to learn; is exceptionally well-organized with an eye for detail; communicates well; and is committed to advancing social and environmental goals. Every member of the team embodies our firm’s values: excellence, commitment, and openness.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Skilled at and affinity for research
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and discretion
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Sense of humor and self-awareness
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and organization
- Adept at using Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Although not required, preferred qualifications include:
- Knowledge of impact investing, finance, and/or philanthropy
- Knowledge of impact measurement and management
- Experience in consulting, impact investing, finance, mission-driven work, and/or research
- Financial / quantitative analysis experience
- Strong design sensibilities
- 0-2 years post-Bachelor's degree work experience or equivalent
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Tideline, we believe that compassion, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental to our success. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion manifests in three key ways:
The mission and vision of Tideline
Our firm’s vision of shared, sustainable prosperity is inseparably rooted in the credo of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive world.
How we conduct ourselves as an employer
Tideline is an equal opportunity employer, and we value the unique contributions of each of our team members. Through our hiring, mentoring, and managing, we encourage our team to bring their full selves and individuality to Tideline’s work.
How we use our influence
In our work with clients, we strive to be an enabling force in the equitable distribution of wealth, opportunities, and privileges within our society.