Operations Finance Intern
Operations Finance Intern
Built on Willis Carrier’s invention of modern air conditioning in 1902, Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings. We constantly build upon our history of proven innovation with new products and services that improve global comfort and efficiency. Today, Carrier needs your talent to build upon this legacy and create solutions that matter for people and our planet!
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems paving the way to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings.
We are looking for a forward-thinking person that strives to improve quality and enjoys being creative, a hands-on person who is dedicated, positive, and has high energy.
In this position, you will support activities of Carrier’s worldwide business divisions results consolidation, reporting and analysis of operations as well as finance transformation initiatives ranging from process optimization to new system implementation. You will interface directly with the Carrier management, WHQ Finance Operations department, Supply Chain Leadership, and business unit finance.
- Aid in optimization of monthly financial closing and forecasting process for ~50 Carrier sites, ensure the integrity of reporting, and construct monthly highlight management commentary.
- Assist in the annual forecasting and planning cycle, including yearend turnaround of key metrics and analytics
- Support senior team members to deliver the key project - the transformation of PSR (Project Savings Reporting) system - while driving change management finance aspects as part of the overall system roll out to all Carrier’s Business Units
- Coordinating a variety of stakeholders across the globe as it relates to Operations Finance system implementation and testing
- Assisting in reporting process optimization by using quantitative data analysis to support management decision making
- Evaluate other simplification opportunities in Operation Finance processes using analytical tools to drive Supply Chain and Finance management decision as needed
- Ad-hoc projects as required within WHQ Operations Finance
- To be successful, the candidate must have strong communication, computer, and analytical skills as well as an ability to work in a fast-paced, high-performance team environment.
- Ability to multitask while adhering to tight deadlines, coordinate across functions and with an offshore team to support Ops Finance management reporting
- Passion for automated process improvement, problem-solving, and efficient data processing
- MS Office knowledge, including Power Query / SQL/ VBA Excel/PBI
- Public data cloud and marketplace (e.g., Snowflake or equivalent)
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- The candidate should be in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in Finance/Economics and have strong knowledge of data engineering, analytical tools.
- GPA must be greater than or equal to 3.0 GPA
- Relevant coursework or previous internships preferred
This role will lead to an opportunity to join the team full-time upon the successful completion of the part-time internship.