Responsibilities & Duties
- Create functional specifications documents and other design artifacts as necessary to ensure a systematic approach to the development of a new product or service.
- Translate business requirements or high-level user stories into detailed user stories / technical issues that can be interpreted by the agile development team.
- Conduct analysis that identifies the current state of business processes and/or system inadequacies.
- Work with team members to proactively identify, communicate and resolve issues and risks that impede the execution and/or success of the project.
- Able to multi-task by working on multiple assignments and/or projects.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, agile team members and project managers to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables.
- Serve as liaison between business stakeholders and agile team members, representing and advocating for the perspective of the other party.
- Actively support design and prototype work. Solicit user and other stakeholder feedback on concepts and prototypes.
- Manage, prioritize, and assess the impact of all work items, such as new features, defects, non-functional requirements, product backlog, etc., including providing the decision to create, fix or defer at the release level.
- Attend scrum meetings including standups, retrospectives, and demos, working as part of the agile team.
- Develop change management and internal communication plans and supporting materials.
- Drive ongoing improvements and efficiencies in product health, operational practices, tools and processes.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Required 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Finance and Accounting Industry Experience (e.g. Cash Management, Payables Management, Receivables Management, General Ledger)
- Experience working with software development teams, preferably in an agile environment.
- Experience writing user stories and using product management and development tracking tools (e.g., JIRA) for technical projects.
- Experience with the Agile methodologies; SCRUM and SAFe, preferred but not required.
Skills And Abilities
- Proven ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Strong business acumen, especially in finance and accounting related areas, and affinity for using data to drive decisions.
- Strong empathy for users, business partners, and stakeholders.
- Ability to function effectively during ambiguous tasks.
- Ability to own tasks outside of immediate scope of responsibility.
- Ability to make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Technical aptitude to partner with development teams.
- Analytical thinker and problem solver.