Technology Associate Program - Jr. Software Engineer
Chubb is looking for individuals passionate about technology to join our Technology Associate Program (TAP). The Technology Associate Program is a two-year program designed for early career IT professionals to help them develop expertise and technical acumen as a technologist. By joining the Technology Associate Program, you will be offered the following:
- On-the-job and educational technical training (offered through Pluralsight) to enhance skills within your chosen discipline
- Business acumen and professional development training specific to IT and an understanding of our broader industry
- Networking opportunities with IT and Business leaders and TAP associate peers
The Jr. Software Engineer will assist in developing the next generation user interfaces, apps and APIs. This role will be a contributor to agile teams by providing services that ensure Chubb is aligning technology efforts with business information needs. The person selected will learn agile methodology of software development, web application development, API development using the latest technologies and framework like Angular, ExtJS, C#, Microsoft Azure etc.
What about you?
- You are highly collaborative, creative, and intellectually curious individual who is passionate about software engineering and supporting cutting-edge computing capabilities.
- You are able work well, both individually and within a team.
- You are adaptable and able to overcome technical challenges
- You are a self-starter and motivated to learn and succeed.
- Works with the business and technology team members to identify opportunities for improvement, and to validate, refine and prioritize user stories.
- Participates in design and code reviews, performance tests, test automation, and unit test strategies.
- Collaborates with peers and learn from existing solutions
- Provide strong support in cultivating an environment that encourages the use of data to support problem solving, critical thinking, and innovation.
- Works in a scrum environment to ensure quick delivery
- Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word is required.
- Energetic, able to build and sustain long-term relationships across a multitude of stakeholders in a fast paced, multi-national work environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to present, persuade and influence peers.
- 0-2 years’ experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with GPA of 3.0+ required
- Exposure to Microsoft Azure is preferred not required