NPI Supply Chain Support Intern
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Our Sales team is looking for a talented student enrolled in a Bachelor’s program studying Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering, or Computer Science to join our team this Summer as a New Product Introduction Coordinator in our Milpitas, CA office. Our team works on supporting our customers' new product introduction needs by understanding and acting on their requirements from initial inquiry through fulfillment. The successful candidate will work directly with our sales, supply chain, engineering teams, and directly with customers during their internship. An intern working with team can expect to learn the new product introduction processes, the role of various functional groups in a high tech company, and customer interaction skills during their time with our team.
- Organize prototype build requests and follow up
- Assist with general inquiries from established strategic customers
- Record and review quotation
- Work with distribution partner to raise purchase orders
- Order Entry and Change order support
- Interact with marketing, quality, customer service, sales
- Expedite with business unit’s product engineers
- Oversee logistic coordination and verify delivery confirmation
- Research and implement solutions for enhanced efficiency
- Liaison with warehouse staff for emergency request/hand carry
- Feedback to customers with schedule and shipment info
- Post project updates to internal and external teams
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program studying Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering, or Computer Science
- Customer service oriented
- Good communication skills - verbal and written.
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge
- ERP Software SAP and Oracle experience is a plus
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.