Business Case Analyst Grad
As a Business Case Analyst Graduate in the Bid and Value Engineering Department, you will participate in a 2-year Rotational Program which will provide you a broad view of the offshore wind business, giving you the opportunity to advance your career at Avangrid Renewables. In the program, you will participate in job rotations in multiple departments within our Offshore business, including the potential for an overseas rotation with our global Offshore team.
The Business Case Analyst Graduate will work out of the Bid and Value Engineering Department, which is a key group within the Global Offshore Business focused on securing new lease areas, growing the business by competing in competitive solicitations, and maximizing the value and financial performance of large-scale offshore wind projects.
Through the Graduate program, this role will initially be staffed through the Bid and Value Engineering Department as a Business Case Analyst within an US offshore wind project, actively progressing through the development and contracting phase on a path to construction and operation. The responsibilities in this position will generally include review of highly sensitive pricing offers from a global supply chain, participation in contract negotiations, and the development of tools and processes which streamline the work of the team and get to the key factors of a decision more quickly and clearly. This is a very analysis-heavy role where success will require excellent interpersonal skills to work with a team of technical experts, along with a very strong interest and ability to develop Excel tools and models to capture, parse, and make decisions on data which drive the trajectory of the Project in many critical ways. A successful candidate will enjoy detailed analytical work with the desire to grow into strategic influencing and decision-making skills.
After an initial 12-month rotation within the Bid and Value Engineering Department, this position will participate in two additional six-month rotations in other departments within the business. The purpose of these rotations is to provide additional professional experience and breadth in areas which could include contracts, cost control, investment, or other positions that may be a good fit in need, skills, and candidate interests through the progression of the program.
After completing the 2-year Rotational Program, the Business Case Analyst Graduate can expect to have a broad understanding of offshore wind project development, engineering, financial decision making, and contracting structures at a multi-billion-dollar scale.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline such as but not limited to mechanical/ civil/electrical engineering, financial engineering, industrial engineering, or finance.
- Master’s degree in business, finance, engineering preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of renewable energy capital costs/CapEx estimation and market trends. Knowledge of energy markets, utility regulation, or energy policy a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial, commercial, and business principles, including IRR, NPV, and discount rates.
- Project or professional experience in similar role such as but not limited to utility integrated resource planning (IRP), procurement, capex estimation in the energy industry, renewable project development or technical project management in the energy industry, energy-related RFP teams, etc.is preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead without formal authority, bringing together teams to deliver on outcomes which support the growth of the business.
- Extremely high sense of ownership with an above-average commitment to delivering excellent work that the business can count on and trust.
- Strong team player, innovative and creative thinker.
- Demonstrated influencing skills, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to be proactive and take responsibility for matters, while responding to competing business demands.
- Tenacity, persistence and determination to succeed in overcoming obstacles.
- High capacity for change and experience of leading others through change.
- Strong sense of accountability, with a significant focus on delivery and an ability to balance a varied and challenging workload, whilst producing high quality results in demanding timeframes