Applied Postdoctoral Fellow – Integrated Mathematical Oncology
Postdoctoral Fellow – Integrated Mathematical Oncology
Multiple Postdoctoral Fellow positions are available in the computational lab of Dr. Kasia Rejniak (http://labpages.moffitt.org/rejniakk/ ) on exciting interdisciplinary research projects in metastatic cancer development and immuno-oncology treatments. We seek talented individuals with a PhD and background in applied mathematics, computer sciences, physics or other computational discipline to work in close collaboration with cancer biologists and clinicians within a unique research environment of the Integrated Mathematical Oncology (IMO) Department.
- Development of novel predictive mathematical designed for specially collected experimental and clinical data
- Working in close collaboration with cancer biologists, immunologists, and clinicians
- Vibrant, multi-disciplinary and diverse research and education environment
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience in mathematical or computational methods for modeling biological systems (ODEs, PDEs, ABMs, and/or machine learning), with a preference for those with knowledge of cancer.
- High motivation and enthusiasm for working in an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated creativity and ability to work independently and within the research group.
- Strong programming skills (Matlab, C/C++, Java, Python, R) for modeling and data analysis.
- Design and implement computational models, plan, conduct and document simulation results independently; analyze and visualize model results.
- Collaborate with researchers from wet labs to integrate laboratory data with in silico models.
- Develop scientific writing and presentation skills; write research reports and scientific publications.
- Present research results to the Moffitt scientific community and at national or international scientific meetings.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- PhD and background in applied mathematics, engineering, computer sciences, physics, or a related computational discipline.
- Excellent programming skills.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Rejniak at Kasia.Rejniak@moffitt.org and apply online.
You will be eligible for benefits offered to our Team Members – Moffitt Postdocs are provided free employee-only Medical and eligible for Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave, and more. With a move to Tampa, you may be eligible for relocation allowance. Reason to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions, low cost of living and a high quality of life. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.