Production Technical Support Fall Co-op
Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Co-Op candidate to join our Production Technical Support department located at our St. Joseph, MO facility. As an Co-Op, you will have the opportunity to characterize complex large-scale bioprocesses through laboratory scale experimentation and analysis.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate in a safe and compliant manner at all times with respect to area signage, provided training, SOP’s, corporate guidelines and regulatory guidance.
- Assist in authoring protocols, conduct experiments and generate reports ensuring a high level of accuracy and integrity.
- Manage project objectives independently, keeping all parties informed, and reaching out to leadership to communicate risks and milestones regularly.
- Assist in setting up, maintaining, and operating equipment. Ensure equipment is kept in operational status after use.
- Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
- Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
- Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.000 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
- Major must be related to the field of internship.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic lab skills and ability to safely operate common laboratory instrumentation unassisted.
- Knowledge of principles governing bioprocessing and/ or engineering used in the manufacture of bacterial cultures, cell culture and viral propagation.
- Demonstrated communication skills (written, in-person, and group settings).
- Ability to troubleshoot processes, identify corrective actions and implement complete solutions.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19.