Transportation Analyst/Modeler (Underfill Option)
Associate in Engineering 2 (Underfill option) – Transportation Analyst/Modeler
Oregon Department of Transportation
Policy, Data & Analysis Division
Transportation Planning Analysis Unit
ODOT is following the direction of the Governor's Office to help slow and prevent the spread of COVID-19. Visit our COVID-19 webpage for more information.
Bring your engineering and analysis skills to our team and help evaluate the long-range effects of transportation decisions on travel behavior, transportation system performance, land use and the economy. You will conduct transportation system and facility analysis, multimodal analysis and safety analysis using a variety of tools. You will also assist in developing city, regional and statewide transportation models. Apply today!
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
If you are a current State of Oregon employee, you must apply through your employee Workday profile.
A day in the life:
- Assist with the development and application of city and regional transportation system demand and land use models.
- Assist with the development and application of the Statewide Integrated Model.
- Perform multimodal transportation analysis using travel demand models, traffic simulation, the Highway Capacity Manual, SIDRA, or similar tools.
- Collaborate with local agency staff to obtain demographic, land use and travel data.
- Use GIS, Python, the R programming language, spreadsheets and other tools to develop, analyze and visualize data.
- Review and research new transportation analysis techniques and computer software.
- Prepare documentation for internal and external audiences.
- Prepare training and provide instruction for other staff.
- Work in an office setting.
- To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.state.or.us.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Live, work and play in Salem, Oregon!
Want to know about new job postings? Click here to subscribe for email notifications through GovDelivery!
What we need:
Completion of and passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam and one year of experience applying professional engineering theory, principles and methods.
The goal of this recruitment is to fill this position at an associate in engineering 2 level. However, we encourage candidates who meet the minimum qualifications for an associate in engineering 1 ($4,177 - $6,421) to apply, as we may consider underfilling the position until the selected candidate meets the minimum qualifications for an associate in engineering 2. Underfill training will not exceed three years.
Associate in Engineering 1 minimum qualifications:
Completion of and passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
A Bachelor's degree in Civil or Transportation-related Engineering.
NOTE: We encourage you to apply if you will be earning your degree by June 2022.