Network/Security Operations Center Analyst
What You'll Do
The NOC/SOC serves as the first line of defense against network disruptions and cybersecurity threats. We serve a critical function in the organization to identify, investigate and resolve issues while minimizing the business impact. We are looking for a positive attitude, esprit de corps, and skills to join our team.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
Network Operations Center / Security Operations Center (NOC / SOC) Analysts are hard charging, analytical thinkers who enjoy solving problems. We thrive in a high-pressure environment with shifting priorities. NOC / SOC Analysts are able to assess a situation, determine tactical steps forward, and can implement a strategic plan. We support multiple technical teams in a 24 x 7 x 365 operational environment with high uptime requirements. In addition to these general skills and personality traits, CNS is seeking candidates with the following skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including shift work
- Interact positively with peers, other departments, internal / external customers, and vendors to identify operational issues
- Collecting and reviewing performance reports for various systems, and reporting trends in performance to senior technical personnel to help them predict future issues or outages
- Strong ability to diagnose server or network alerts, events or issues
- General understanding of TCP/IP Networking and Server infrastructure
- Understanding of common information architecture frameworks
- General understanding and/or experience with Information Security and Incident Response
- Understanding of Disaster Recovery plans and related technologies
- General understanding of common firewalls
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills, and ability to address conflict with others constructively
- Cross-team coordination and collaboration
What You Can Expect
- Meaningful work and unique opportunities to support missions vital to national and global security
- Top-notch, dedicated colleagues
- Generous pay and benefits with a stable organization
- Career advancement and professional development programs
- Work-life balance fostered through flexible work options and wellness initiatives
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in engineering/science/information technology discipline
- OR Eight or more years of relevant education, training, and/or progressive experience may be considered to satisfy educational and years-of-experience requirements for this posting
Preferred Job Requirements
- Preferred candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related technical or engineering/science field
- Prolonged or irregular hours required – 12 hour rotating shifts
- Prior helpdesk and/or field support experience
- Prior NOC / SOC experience
- Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM)
- Common Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems(IDS/IPS) (Snort, Cisco, Fortigate, Firepower)
- Experience with Disaster Recovery plans and related technologies
- Server hardware experience (e.g. Cisco UCS, and HP blade systems)
- Server Administration experience with Linux and/or Windows
- Prior Server / Network Administration experience
- Experience working in a large, geographically distributed environments
- Experience with SolarWinds, System Center Operations Manager, or other monitoring tools
- Operational analysis and development skills, such as scripting, to deploy DevOps solutions
- Knowledge of packet analysis and packet capture tools
- Working knowledge of large network and server infrastructures
- Preferred certifications: Network+ and/or Security+, SPLUNK
The minimum education and experience for the lowest career level in the job posting range are listed under Minimum Job Requirements. Successful candidates hired into a higher career level than the minimum in the range must meet the requirements listed in the job leveling charts for the career level into which they are being hired.
If a range of Career Levels is posted, i.e., Senior Associate to Senior Specialist, internal applicants already in one of the Career Levels would come across at their current Career Level. Internal applicants currently in a lower level Career Level would move to the lowest posted Career Level.
Requires a Q clearance; however all qualified candidates will be considered regardless of their current clearance status. The ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy Q clearance is required.
Position may require entry into Materials Access Areas (MAA) and participation in the Human Reliability Program (HRP). If HRP is required, candidate must complete a counterintelligence-scope polygraph, pursuant to 10CFR 709. Medical requirements may apply.