Advocate Technologies is an insurance technology company providing modern insurance operations for lenders. We transform lenders’ insurance functions across compliance, monetization, and analytics with better software and services developed by our world-class engineering and product development teams.
Our lender software and services simultaneously provide Advocate with a way to collect proprietary data on insurance policies. This data includes information on the price of policies and the loss (claim) performance of carriers. We then sell this data to insurance carriers, brokers, wholesalers, and other companies through our “Bloomberg Terminal for Risk” and traded risk products.
Advocate was founded in October 2020 by a world class team based in New York and Athens Greece. In April 2022, 18 months after founding the business, Advocate raised $9 million USD, one of the largest insurance technology seed rounds in the world.
To learn more about Advocate, visit www.tryadvocate.com.
Advocate is looking for an analytical, detail-oriented Research Analyst to spearhead the growth of our proprietary compliance platform. The Research Analyst will be responsible for the researching, analyzing, and interpreting information covering a wide range of industries from various sources. This role will provide a deep understanding of insurance and will be valuable for the growth of the company.
The ideal candidate has excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, strong problem-solving abilities, and is a clear communicator – both in verbal and written form. The ideal candidate will work efficiently and strive to be a subject matter expert who can synthesize volumes of information into “easy to consume” summaries. You should be able to work both independently as well as in a team on a range of tasks ranging from ambiguous/open-ended to highly specific. Moreover, you should be energized and thrive working in a fast-paced environment of a startup company where the landscape and business needs are constantly evolving!
What you’ll be doing:
· Research a multitude of event-driven perils that can potentially damage a business (a hard asset or operating company) such as litigation, cyber-attacks, hurricanes, pandemics, theft, and more
· Analyze the risk such perils pose to different business types, ranging from large-scale corporations to individual real estate investors, and hard assets
· Analyze the various insurance products businesses use to insure more exotic assets such as resorts, sporting arenas, and rollercoasters
· Translate your research data into actionable insights
· Coordinate with the Product Team to implement your findings into our compliance platform
· Collaborate with the Strategy Team to improve the future business decisions of the company
· Contribute to the building of our proprietary event-risk model that protects billions of dollars of AUM
· Recent graduate, or graduating in Summer 2022 from a 4-year undergraduate program with a GPA of at least 3.3 (a “B+” or better)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Philosophy, English, Politics, Pre-Law, History or related area is preferred but not required
· Prior knowledge of insurance is not required. However, interest in risk concepts is required.
· Internship or work experience in applied research or data management is a plus
· Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Excellent attention to detail and strong ability to synthesize volumes of complex information into actionable / “easy to consume” practical summaries
· Strong analytical foundation and mindset – bias to lean on data to drive decisions
· Strong organizational skills and ability to piece together information from various sources (and figuring out what those sources are)
· Strong sense of accountability, reliability, and ownership
· Self-starter willing to take charge and lead, drive, and complete a project
· Genuine intellectual curiosity and ability to quickly read through volumes of information for the “right answer”.
· It is very important that the candidate has a self-starter mentality and is willing to “do whatever it takes” to solve problems. In a start-up environment, employee resourcefulness and ability to execute in an environment of uncertainty is required. The ownership mentality that comes along with this culture must be exciting and empowering to the candidate
· And most importantly, a great person with a great attitude who will become a valuable member of the team!
· Competitive Salary
· Stock Options in Advocate
· Standard Vacation Package
Advocate is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Advocate are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.