Deep Learning Engineer
Matroid’s mission is to enable computers to visually understand the world.
With a “no programming required” product, Matroid brings computer vision into the hands of many. Our users can deploy cutting-edge, deep neural networks on the cloud or on-premise with the click of a button.
At Matroid, you will have the opportunity to work directly with founder and CEO, Reza Zadeh, and a world-class engineering team. You’ll immediately take on high-impact projects, building features like visual search, semantic segmentation, custom object tracking, model interpretability, video summarization, and the infrastructure required to run complex machine learning workloads.
Headquartered in Palo Alto and founded in 2016 by Stanford Professor Reza Zadeh Ph.D., Matroid has raised $33.5 million from NEA, Energize Ventures, and Intel Capital.
You’ll be working at our new office in downtown Palo Alto, just a five-minute walk from the Caltrain station.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and build the computer vision software that powers the Matroid platform.
- Build Matroid features that use computer vision in novel ways to solve complex vision tasks across manufacturing and industrial inspection.
- Research and evaluate leading computer vision model architectures and techniques.
- Act as the technical lead on customer engagements.
How you’ll be doing it
- You’ll be part of a world-class, multidisciplinary engineering team, where each member identifies and prioritizes valuable and interesting new features to work on.
- You will operate in a collaborative but highly autonomous environment that isn’t bogged down by unnecessary meetings or project management.
- You will know that almost everything you build affects real-world users, and you will appropriately set the quality standards for your work.
- You will be working collaboratively alongside other engineers to develop new features for the platform.
- You will learn a lot along the way, diving into new technologies and the world of computer vision both on your own and during frequent company tech talks.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelors in Computer Science (AI/ML specialization), Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics (Probability), or equivalent.
- Experience training and deploying state-of-the-art computer vision models using popular machine learning frameworks, such as TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Knowledge of leading model architectures and techniques across a broad range of domains, including image classification, object detection, image segmentation, anomaly detection and object tracking.
- Strong software engineering skills.
Bonus points if...
- Computer vision experience in manufacturing or industrial inspection use cases.
- Previously worked as a software engineer.
What we offer in return
- Competitive pay and equity.
- The chance to constantly work on stimulating intellectual challenges.
- Gym membership reimbursement.
- Free lunch, healthy drinks, and snacks every day.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% paid premiums.
- A flexible schedule that leaves time for all of your other interests.
- A budget for whatever hardware or software will make you most effective.
- Resources to learn about the cutting edge of software engineering and computer vision.
- You’ll be working at our new office in downtown Palo Alto, just a five-minute walk from the Caltrain station.
Matroid is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.