2023 Summer Analyst - Private Credit (New York)
Adams Street Partners (“Adams Street”) is a global private markets investment manager, operating in more than thirty countries across five continents. With nearly five decades of experience and more than $51 billion in assets under management, Adams Street prides itself on the depth and breadth of its global investment capabilities and provides investors with differentiated access to the spectrum of the private markets strategies.
Adams Street has offices in Austin, Beijing, Boston, Chicago, London, Munich, Menlo Park, New York, Seoul, Singapore, and Tokyo. Employees operate as a single global team, integrating the expertise of the firm’s investment professionals across five strategies: primary investments, secondary investments, growth equity, private credit, and co-investments.
Adams Street is considered a pioneer in the private markets and was inducted into the Private Equity Hall of Fame in 2000 in recognition of the firm’s contributions. Adams Street became an independent entity in 2001 and a 100% employee-owned firm in 2008.
As an employee-owned firm, Adams Street believes in a culture of inclusiveness and collegiate achievement, and strives to imbue the highest standards of integrity, respect, and teamwork into all aspects of the organization. Adams Street is governed by a set of guiding principles which prioritize two goals: provide exceptional client service and deliver top-tier investment returns.
Adams Street’s Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week internship experience that provides an engaging and highly educational experience to undergraduates seeking to build a career in investment management. Our Summer Analysts gain a broad range of investment exposure by providing research, analytical and deal process support to our teams. The Summer Analyst Program is designed for candidates entering their senior year at the time of internship (Class of 2024) who are pursuing their bachelor’s degree, ideally in business, finance or economics. The firm is highly committed to the Summer Analyst Program, and it is the main pipeline into our full-time Investment Analyst Program. Top performers will have an opportunity to join the firm in a full-time analyst capacity after graduation.
The Private Credit Team seeks to hire two Summer Analysts. We will review applications and interview selected candidates on a rolling basis, and candidates who apply to multiple opportunities may hear back regarding different roles at different times. Successful candidates will be notified of their offers when interviews conclude.
The Summer Analyst will be involved with and responsible for:
- Supporting the investment process through fundamental business and sector research, prepare historical and projected models, write-up due diligence analysis and investment recommendations
- Assisting in term structuring and legal evaluations
- Participate in investment committee meetings and assist in investment recommendations
- Assist in coordination of deal closings
- Assist in building monitoring models and writing portfolio company monitoring reports
- Build and monitor investment level to fund level dashboards for investment tracking, portfolio performance and strategy initiatives
- Assist in amendments and incremental financing raises for acquisitions of portfolio companies
- Develop and maintain proprietary deal and market intelligence
- Performing other ad hoc projects as assigned
About the Private Credit Team
The team was founded in 2015 and has experienced significant growth. The team manages $6bn in assets with ongoing plans to develop new credit strategies. The team includes 14 investment professionals. Summer Analysts will work with junior and senior investment professionals in reviewing new investment opportunities and monitoring existing investments as well as work with other members across the firm on strategic projects.
Here at Adams Street, we hold ourselves to high standards and expect no less of our internship applicants. Ideal candidates must have a genuine interest in alternative investments. Additional characteristics of a successful Summer Analyst at our firm are:
- Strong academic credentials (high GPA, reputable university) with a major in finance, business, economics, or other related studies
- High degree of resourcefulness in conducting research and analysis
- Demonstrable initiative, commitment toward excellence in work and great attention-to-detail
- Self-disciplined, takes accountability and operates with integrity
- Team oriented with a heavy emphasis on written and verbal communication
- Ability to act transparently by owning mistakes and learning from them
- High degree of professionalism by exercising discretion, judgment, and honoring confidentiality
- Command of Microsoft applications including familiarity with Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be willing to be based in New York.
Adams Street Partners is committed to providing all Summer Analysts with a foundational understanding of the private markets industry. Highlights of our program include:
- Participation in cross-firm training sessions designed to offer visibility on the activities of different teams
- Hybrid home/office model to increase flexibility and balance work and personal priorities
- Access to internal training resources and the guidance of a mentor to bridge the educational gap
- Exposure to deal flow, strategy, and operations as an observer in investment team meetings
- Professional development sessions on professionalism in the workplace and career path coaching
- Active engagement with employees through summer social and networking events.