Analyst, Machinery & Equipment
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Our Machinery & Equipment practice provides financial and technical valuation consulting services to clients in all industries, including high-tech manufacturing, e-commerce, automotive, communications, entertainment, healthcare and utilities. Services include purchase price allocations, valuations for lease accounting, fair market value interest expense allocation valuations, lease structuring and sale, leaseback valuations and loan collateralization and support.
At Kroll your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
As an Analyst in our Machinery & Equipment service line, your primary focus will be valuing machinery and equipment. You will learn to estimate replacement cost new as well as depreciation from physical, technological, functional, and economic factors, while employing unique computer skills to analyze a company's fixed asset records. Duties may also include:
- Valuing a client’s Machinery, Equipment and other Personal Property for purchase price allocation, lease structuring, financial due diligence, financial reporting, or tax purposes
- Designing and working with financial valuation models and data manipulation
- Independently gathering data pertinent to the engagement through direct client interaction and client site visits
- Assisting in preparing and presenting the results of our analysis in a clear and concise manner
- Performing in-depth client, industry, market and competitor research
- Currently pursuing or have recently completed a Bachelor’s in Engineering, Finance (or dual degree including both disciplines), Accounting, Economics or Computer Science from an accredited College or University
- Must be available to start between January 2022 and August 2022
- Minimum current cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and the ability to conduct detailed quantitative spreadsheet analysis
- Ability to master new tasks quickly
- Attention to detail, ability to manage workflow, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Focus on quality work
- Ability to travel
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.