Early Career Project Coordinator - Data Analytics
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As the Early Career Project Coordinator at ASML, you will be a part of the Project Management Office (PMO), a dynamic role in which you support the product development project teams to deliver cross sector projects. This position will act as a single point of contact to provide project management information to enable cross- sector decision making. You will work in a team setting aligned with the Project Management Offices in San Jose, Wilton, San Diego and the Netherlands.
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve project management (PM) methodologies
- Coach and support team of Project leads to secure quality project objectives (schedules, resource management, scope definition, presentations, risk mitigation)
- Enable effective cross-sector decision making within Program by providing transparent and timely business information supported by accurate data
- Setup and drive a structured Resource Management process that incorporates a long term outlook (5y), annual budget round (2y), monthly adjustments and day-to-day budget transparency.
- Evolve and drive the stage gate project management process for new developments.
- Pro-actively assisting, enabling and challenging the Project Leaders, Cluster Managers and Product Development Managers Structuring the product/project planning framework. Maintaining mid and long term project plans, reporting on status and coordinate with Project Managers to ensure that risks and issues are identified and properly addressed via mitigations, contingencies, and escalation, where necessary
- Initiate and maintain communication channels with on- and off-site colleagues, providing transparent and consistent progress updates
Education and experience
Bachelor’s degree with 0-2 years experience in Business Administration, Management, Engineering, or Science required.
- Experience and understanding of working in matrix organizations, technical environments, PMO and/or project management.
- Ability to operate effectively with all levels of management both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to implement strict and proactive stakeholder management strategies to ensure successful project deliveries.
- Must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where multi-tasking is the norm.
- Advanced knowledge and application of Microsoft suite (Outlook, Project, Excel (Pivots and Macros), PowerPoint and SharePoint). Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate familiarity and comfortable with financial and other data analytics.
- Knowledge in user requirements gatherings and categorization of them for the purpose of achieving sustainable improvements.
- In difficult and complex situations with multiple stakeholders, comfortable to rapidly solve, execute and ultimately transform the outcome.
- Ability to adapt to changes in project management strategy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Negotiation and prioritization skills are critical.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Has a ‘Pro-Active’ attitude, is a self-starter and a self-motivator; willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Adaptive personality capable of interacting with all levels of organization
- Facing forward, balancing the here & the now operations
- Candid debater with sound judgment
- Driving high quality connections on all levels, flexible and able to handle changing priorities.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
This U.S. position is open to U.S. workers only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. The Company will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.