Operations Associate- AZ
At Vanguard, we have a client-first mentality that we live and breathe every day through our mission, “to take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.” We are excited to share an opportunity to join Vanguard as an Operations Associate. This role is designed to serve as an entry point to build foundational skills and expertise for a variety of career options within the Intermediary Operations team in our Financial Advisor Services division.
If you have a passion for serving others, building your skillset, and giving every investor the best chance for investment success, consider joining our team of “crew”.
How you’ll make a difference:
Our Intermediary Operations team is a trusted operational steward delivering scaled, frictionless experiences and value to our intermediary and institutional clients. As an Operations Associate, you will play a key role in delivering this value by:
- Processing transactions and reviewing documentation to ensure requests have been completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Providing input on procedure updates and changes for overall improvement of processing.
- Providing necessary reporting, quality assurance responses, audit responses, and relevant paperwork as requested.
- Participating in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
You don’t have to be a financial expert to bring value to our clients! We welcome, and encourage, individuals from all backgrounds and experiences — the most important things you need are a passion for serving others and a thirst for knowledge. We have seen most success from individuals with:
- Strong collaboration skills to solve problems that arise.
- A learner’s mindset and appetite for financial acumen.
- Prior experience or interest in operations preferred.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience strongly preferred. High school degree or GED required.
How we will help:
Choosing the next step in your career path can be a difficult decision – we are here to support you to ensure you thrive professionally from the moment you join. Our training, development, culture, and benefits are designed with crew in mind. We will provide you with:
- Access to learning and development resources to equip, and empower, you with the skillset to continuously improve and problem solve in collaboration with your peers and business partners
- Hands-on coaching by purpose-driven leaders to help you excel in your current role, and prepare you for the next
At Vanguard, we believe in supporting our “crew” personally through all life stages. Our industry-leading benefits are crafted with you in mind. Some of our benefits include:
- 18 PTO days and 9 federal holidays, with the unique ability to purchase an additional week of PTO
- Industry-leading retirement savings – up to 4% matched contributions, and 10% employer contribution without condition
- Best-in-class medical, dental, and vision coverage with on-site health perks:
- CrewCare: our own onsite health-clinic for you and your loved ones
- ShipShape: onsite fitness centers
- Health Smart rewards: a program that rewards you for making healthy choices
- LYRA: a program to provide care for your emotional and mental health – how, when, and where you need it, at no cost to you.
- FlexFund: our wellness stipend that gives you the autonomy to define, and invest in, what wellness means to you.
- Education benefits including tuition reimbursement designed to support you in furthering your education
- Strong parental leave, including adoption and surrogacy, benefits – because we know every family looks different!
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Future of Work
During the pandemic, we transitioned to a work from home model for the majority of our crew and we continue to interview, hire, and on-board future crew remotely.
As we have developed the path forward, we have taken a thoughtful approach that both maximizes the advantages of working remotely and the many benefits of coming together and collaborating in a shared workspace. We believe that in-person interactions among our crew are important for preserving our unique culture and advantageous for the personal development of our crew.
When our Crew return to the office, many will work in our hybrid model. A smaller proportion of our crew will operate in the Work from Home work model (for example, field sales crew); or in the Work from Office model (for example, portfolio managers).
The working model that your role falls into will be communicated to you in the interview process – please do ask if you are unsure. We encourage you to make the decision regarding your job interview and offer knowing which model your role will fall into. We will test and learn as our ways of working evolve and will continue to evaluate working models along the way.