Intern - Business Analyst (Retail Tech)
Intern - Business Analyst (Retail Tech)
at Orange Silicon Valley (View all jobs)
San Francisco, CA
Schedule: 40-hours weekly, M-F, with some overtime based on business needs
Duration: 6 months
Location: The candidate must be physically located within commute distance of San Francisco, CA (Hybrid role)
Who we are:
Orange Silicon Valley is a US subsidiary of Orange, one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators, serving more than 259 million customers across 26 countries. Orange Silicon Valley is a passionate, forward-thinking team of experts who thrive by connecting ecosystems and making innovation and technology visible, accessible and actionable for a responsible digital world. For more than 20 years, Orange Silicon Valley has been providing strategic insights to the Orange Group worldwide leveraging a unique understanding of the US market. Orange Silicon Valley is headquartered in San Francisco with a regional office in New York. To learn more, please visit www.orangesv.com.
This is an opportunity to help inform business strategy and develop domain expertise on how emerging technologies can advance the retail industry.
What you'll do:
As an intern supporting Orange Silicon Valley’s work on retail, you will be responsible for researching, understanding, and communicating the impact of new technology on the retail industry both for Orange and customers of Orange. This involves supporting efforts to source, qualify, and partner with startups in the retail domains of eCommerce, customer experience, personalization, and video commerce, including how artificial intelligence transforms the sector.
This role is ideally suited for candidates with a strong interest in technology and growing their skills in business analysis. You should be extremely curious, enjoy research, be a creative thinker, and take ownership of your work. Under the guidance of your mentor, success in this role will require repeated deep dives into specialized industry verticals to surface relevant technology solutions. Comfort with writing and creating presentations that communicate your findings to colleagues and customers is essential. This internship will provide excellent opportunities to learn about corporate innovation strategies and provide you with exposure to cutting-edge startups across multiple industries.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn from, and work cross-functionally with marketing, technology analysts, executive leadership, and disruptive innovators, to drive corporate partnerships and streamline the adoption of newer and better technology and business applications for Orange and Orange’s top customers.
- In this role, the intern will focus on supporting the Hello Vision Retail Council (a co-innovation program), the Hello Vision co-innovation program, and potential future projects focused on video-based thought leadership
- Learn to identity, stay current on, and present strategic and business analyses on the emergence of new technology and business trends, focusing on retail
- Build and maintain relationships with local US innovation ecosystems, including startups, tech companies, investors, carriers, academics, and government laboratories
- Gain valuable experience in developing industry/technology position papers, startup one-pagers, short videos, presentation scripts, blog posts & presentations on market trends
- Collect and work with an engineer to automate metric collection for the Hello Vision co-innovation program
- Build and maintain business relationships with innovative and disruptive entities, and share all relevant and team vetted investment and acquisition opportunities with Orange’s Corporate VC and M&A units
Your background and experience:
- Currently enrolled in a university bachelor’s or master’s degree program, or a recent graduate within the last 12 months
- Majors in business/operations, science, or engineering are preferred
- An interest in digital technology, data visualization skills, and experience with presentation and spreadsheet tools
- Some exposure or demonstrated interest in retail or exposure to one of the following areas: e-commerce, video commerce, artificial intelligence
- Team player with enthusiasm to contribute exceptional work, learn and grow
- Strong communication skills, a curious nature, comfort with ambiguity, and an ability to take initiative on projects is critical
- Self-motivated, and adept at handling a varying workload and high volume of information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and English language working proficiency
- Successful candidate must be physically located within commute distance of San Francisco, CA USA
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No visa sponsorship (e.g. J-1, H1-B, etc.) is offered for this role
- Some exposure or demonstrated interest in video editing
- Some exposure or demonstrated interest in automation tools like Zapier
- Public transit commute reimbursement
- Team-building activities, and virtual experiences
- Hybrid work environment, 2 days onsite weekly