KNN Public Finance, LLC ("KNN"), is recruiting for municipal finance analyst level positions, in our Bay Area office (headquarters) with responsibilities as described below.
KNN Public Finance is one of the leading Municipal Advisory firms in the California public finance market. We provide comprehensive municipal advisory services to cities, counties, school districts, higher education agencies, special districts, and state agencies. Our focus is providing our clients with independent, objective analysis and advice to support them in making responsible decisions about their debt and capital programs. In 2021, KNN ranked 2nd in terms of par amount of municipal bonds issued in California as well as 6th nationally.
We have a California-based staff of 18 with deep quantitative and market resources. We are a vibrant, interactive organization that is committed to diversity, collaboration, and the education and success of our advisors and our clients. We live and work in the communities we serve and care deeply about public service. We believe in giving back to our communities and promoting the welfare of others through philanthropic activities. KNN is employee owned and operated and traces our roots to a company first established in 1982.
The analyst will be responsible for providing quantitative and bond transaction support for the firm’s senior staff and municipal clients across California. Please see below for analyst job responsibilities, qualifications, and additional details.
▪ Quantitative analysis and preparation of financial models, cash flow, and debt service analysis
▪ Evaluation of financing alternatives
▪ Monitoring of tax-exempt and taxable municipal bond markets
▪ Rating agency credit presentation development
▪ Preparation of research, correspondence, and special reports on current issues in municipal finance
▪ Support for marketing and new business development, including assisting in responding to Requests for Proposals for municipal advisory services
▪ Other related duties as assigned
▪ Bachelor’s degree and 0-2 years of directly related experience
▪ Basic understanding of municipalities and municipal finance, fixed income, accounting, local government operations and issues and structuring of taxable and tax-exempt debt issues
▪ Requires strong analytical, quantitative, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
▪ Ability to excel in a detailed and deadline-oriented work environment
Analyst will be required to pass the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) Series 50 – Municipal Advisor Representative Examination. Sufficient exam preparation and guidance will be provided.
Ideal candidate will possess
▪ Interest in finance, economics and/or public policy
▪ Strong analytical skills
▪ Solid written and verbal communication skills
▪ Command of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
▪ Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment
▪ Skilled in time management as well as managing multiple projects at one time
▪ Competitive salary and annual bonus incentives
▪ Hybrid work schedule opportunities (remote and in-office collaboration)
▪ Personalized training by, and collaboration with, senior municipal advisors
▪ Paid and sick time off, holidays, family leave and other leave options
▪ A broad array of employer supported health, vision, and dental insurance options
▪ Employer provided Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Plans
▪ An extensive 401k program (including ESG investment options) which includes a 3% employer contribution (no match required) and an optional additional 2% employer profit share contribution
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit via the Handshake platform.
 Refinitiv, based on total par amount of bonds issued & US Municipals Review, Full Year 2021 dated January 4, 2022.
 For complete firm history details please visit our website, see Our History.
Pursuant Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board Rule G-42, see Regulatory Information.