Data Analysis & Science Consultant - Academy
Why should you apply?
We start you off in a Leadership Development Program (The Academy) to ensure you are equipped for success.
The Academy is a unique leadership development program consisting of professionals early in their career who possess a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. Depending on your unique combination of education, background, skills and interests, we provide opportunities to you in a variety of career paths aligned to your professional goals.
Not experienced in this industry yet? No problem, you’ll fit right in! Our program is designed to upskill new team members from a variety of disciplines such as data/business analytics, management information systems, engineering, and general business, just to name a few. The diversity of the Academy allows CSIH to meet a wide variety of client needs while the Academy’s core common traits drive success: intellectually curious, adaptable, ambitious, and hard-working. Academy members look for opportunities to collaborate, learn from each other, and go above and beyond for both our clients and support our internal community (through contributions in recruiting, training and cultural and strategic initiatives)
The Academy begins with an intensive training and onboarding period designed to prepare its members for client-facing roles with IQVIA’s pharmaceutical clients. During this full-time training, you will hone your data analytics skillset through a combination of classroom-based lectures, interactive case studies, hands-on working sessions, client role-playing scenarios, and real-time project shadowing/support. As a result, you will develop a strong network consisting of internal IQVIA leaders, subject matter experts, and countless other Academy alumni. With this significant investment and support from IQVIA leadership, you will develop an elevated analytical skillset to successfully support the delivery of integrated healthcare analytics and technology solutions specific to the evolving business needs of IQIVA’s clients.
Professionals joining the Academy are assured of a rewarding career in healthcare data analytics with an industry global leader. Opportunities to address diverse and challenging problems of the healthcare industry, directly manage client relationships, interact with senior leaders, and gain exposure to a truly multi-cultural, collaborative work environment abound through the Academy and your broader career at IQVIA.
IQVIA is a large global organization that offers a wealth of career opportunities
IQVIA is a leading information, services and technology company, dedicated to driving healthcare forward by creating intelligent connections with an expansive portfolio of capabilities and technologies, unparalleled data, and global healthcare expertise. Our team, known as the Commercial Solutions & Insights Hub (CSIH), primarily supports pharmaceutical & life sciences clients by leveraging IQVIA data and technology to its full capacity. CSIH capabilities include but are not limited to: providing a wide range of direct data analytics, reporting, and support in the areas of real-world effectiveness, market research, competitive intelligence, forecasting, product launch management, sales operations, brand & marketing strategy implementation, payer/provider services, and technology & applications/platform implementation. As a result, CSIH offers broad and diverse career opportunities for future growth and success.
Data Analysts and Data Scientists engage in meaningful, impactful work
This role is aligned to the Data Analysis & Sciences skill-based community, which focuses on utilizing advanced modelling techniques and big data technologies to drive innovation and provide insight into difficult business questions. In this role, you will:
- Be making an impact to healthcare and helping healthcare executives make decisions and take actions to aid in patient health outcomes, more efficient healthcare investment and business success and growth.
- Execute and/or manage design, development, and delivery of client solutions for project opportunities with minimal supervision
- Analyze secondary data and desk market research to identify key findings and trends while understanding the nuances and differences of each IQVIA data asset
- Perform quantitative or qualitative analysis to support data preparation, ensure quality control, and deliver client deliverables and business decisions as they relate to IQVIA data
- Assist in creation of presentations for clients and attend, support and present at client meetings with senior support, working willingly and effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals both internally and externally
- Develop broad knowledge of related consulting methodologies and the pharmaceutical market through the delivery of consulting engagements and participation in ongoing formal and informal learning opportunities, managing projects and work-streams of reasonable size
Do you have the background, skills and mindset for our Data Analyst and Data Scientist roles?
Background & Skills:
Candidates interested in joining the IQVIA CSIH as a Data Analyst or Data Scientist should have:
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in a field of study related to analytics, technology, life sciences, healthcare, engineering, or business.
- 0 to 3 years of relevant analytics or healthcare experience (including internships)
- Strong knowledge in the following standard tools are preferred, but not required: MS Excel/VBA/Power BI/Access/PowerPoint, SAS, Oracle SQL, R, Python, Excel VBA, Tableau, Alteryx, Qlikview, Spotfire, RapidMiner
- Preferred but not required: Prior data analytics experience, prior IQVIA or healthcare data experience including physician, patient, or claims data
- Prior internship, project work, and/or working experience in any of the following: market research, marketing insights/analytics, multichannel marketing, consumer marketing, forecasting, statistics, predictive modeling, technology & applications, healthcare IT, managed markets, management consulting, sales operations, business intelligence, epidemiology, HEOR, data mining, data governance, outsourcing and/or offshoring, web analytics, data development and programming
- Ability to think creatively and strategically to analyze and interpret large data sets and solve client problems
- Knowledge of and interest in key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
- Effective project and stakeholder management, time management, and prioritization skills
- Strong business acumen and understanding of sales & marketing business principals
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills in order to present, lead meetings, and conduct business and report writing
- An avid interest in healthcare analytics and data, with an understanding of the US healthcare market
- Sense of adaptability and ability to take direction and implement feedback
- Willingness to relocate and/or travel within the United States, per team/client alignment
- Intellectually curious
- Ambitious and hard-working
- Interested in setting and contributing to your work community culture
- Excellent interpersonal, team-oriented working style, whether it be determining the best methodology for a particular analysis, or the best song choice options at team karaoke
Where would you be working and when would you start?
Location: IQVIA currently enjoys a hybrid work environment (mix of in-person + remote). Primary office alignment will depend on team/function. US-based hubs include King of Prussia, PA; Bridgewater, NJ; Waltham, MA; Durham, NC; San Francisco, CA; among others. Client projects are dependent on need and can vary from short-term, remote support to long-term, full-time engagements onsite at the client. Roles requiring onsite client presence may require the ability to relocate and/or travel anywhere in the United States
Start Date: July 2022
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status