RESEARCH ENGINEER - SR. RESEARCH ENGINEER - GASEOUS EMISSIONS
Who We Are:
We support the Commercial Vehicle Systems Department by maintaining and repairing gaseous emissions equipment especially Horiba MEXA emissions benches.”
Objectives of this Role:
- Serve as the engineering lead for the team troubleshooting Horiba MEXA emissions benches by coordinating activities and serving as the scientific expert on the equipment.
- Work with internal project leaders to ensure that the repair team maximizes instrument uptime, meets project needs, and complies with regulatory requirements.
- Work with management to improve existing preventive maintenance practices and implement new procedures.
- Crosstrain to serve as a technical engineering expert on other emissions equipment managed by the group.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Perform engineering-intensive tasks for Horiba MEXA benches, like analyzer/bitmap changes and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Assist with other instrument troubleshooting/repairs on an on-call basis.
- Review data and repair reports to verify that repairs addressed the root cause of issues.
- Meet with project leaders to understand their analysis needs and properly identify equipment and procedures to meet them.
- Train technical staff on instrumentation and verify that procedures meet technical and regulatory requirements.
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or directly related engineering degree
- 2-5 years: Experience applying gaseous measurement equipment to automotive emissions testing and/or troubleshooting gaseous measurement equipment, especially Horiba MEXA emissions benches
- Experience with coding and/or Labview preferred but not required
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Powertrain Engineering home page.
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here.
For benefits information at all other locations, click here.