RESEARCH COMPUTER SCIENTIST - RESEARCH ENGINEER - SR. COMPUTER SCIENTIST - PERCEPTION SYSTEMS
Who We Are:
The Perception Systems Section produces innovative solutions for sensing and understanding the world, transforming reality into digitized reality. By applying novel Machine Learning (Deep Learning) techniques, we create intelligent automated systems that sense, think, and act in the real world.
Objectives of this Role:
- Conceptualize and initiate advanced R&D concepts, staying at the cutting-edge of technological innovation.
- Guide junior staff in R&D concepts and practices and implementation of software solutions.
- Provide recommendations to management regarding technical direction.
- Establish an industry presence by presenting our research at conferences, workshops, and symposiums.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Apply state-of-the-art machine learning software solutions for various intelligent system applications.
- Interact with team members to discussion technical solutions to problems.
- Manage the various aspects of a project (e.g., technical goals, team tasking, project budget, reporting).
- Interact with clients (and potential clients) to discuss and propose technical solutions to unique problems, both in-person and virtually.
- Requires a Bachelors or a Masters or a PhD with a 3.25 GPA in Data Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or directly related
- 3 years: BS with a minimum of 3 years of industry experience in machine learning software solutions for various applications such as autonomous/automated vehicles, mobile robotics, or detection systems
- 2 years: MS with a minimum of 2 years of industry experience in machine learning software solutions for various applications such as autonomous/automated vehicles, mobile robotics, or detection systems
- 1 years: PhD with knowledge and experience (academic or industry) in machine learning software solutions for various applications such as autonomous/automated vehicles, mobile robotics, or detection systems
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Intelligent Systems home page.
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here.
For benefits information at all other locations, click here.