CPA - SPD Data Management / Systems Analyst II-III
Applications must be filed at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=00022331&tz=GMT-05%3A00&tzname=America%2FChicago
About the Comptroller’s Office
Innovation, collaboration, and a commitment to excellence best describes the culture here at the Comptroller’s Office. We take pride in the work we do serving as Texas' accountant, tax collector, treasurer, and much more!
Our agency workforce is as diverse as the people of Texas we serve. We value our employees and take very seriously our collective commitment to public service. Personal development opportunities are strongly encouraged through available workshops, teambuilding exercises, and on the job training. We offer flexible scheduling that helps employees maintain a healthy work-life balance.
If you are seeking to gain knowledge, build your career, and network among goal-oriented professionals, this is the place for you!
Click here to see an inside look at the Texas Comptroller’s office!
Performs moderately complex to complex (journey-level) computer systems analysis work for the Statewide Procurement Division. Work involves analyzing user requirements, procedures, and problems. Serves as data analyst and systems expert providing testing and technical assistance for Texas SmartBuy, Electronic State Business Daily, Vendor Performance Tracking System and other statewide systems. Participates in continual process improvements and analyzing procedures for system efficiencies. May prepare data for reports. Works under general supervision, with limited to moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
In this role you will:
• Maintains data integrity across various SPD systems.
• Assists with catalog compliance issues and provides support for new contracts going into Texas SmartBuy.
• Facilitates contractor catalog revisions, performs catalog uploads, and assists with contractor setup functions.
• Maintaining system data integrity, and reporting data to inform business decisions
• Serves as subject matter expert on SPD systems, including NetSuite databases and complex Excel spreadsheets.
• Working on enhancements, including review of scripts.
• Performs day-to-day maintenance, updates, testing and ensures ongoing functionality of SPD systems.
• Working with CPA IT staff as necessary.
• Provides technical assistance to program staff, contractors, state agencies and other internal and external customers regarding various SPD systems in NetSuite, Java and other environments
• Creates user manuals for SPD systems.
• Provides technical support and guidance to internal staff and external customers, as needed.
• Periodically provides assistance and works with SPD staff to compile, cleanse, finalize data for reports, projects and solicitations.
Division: Statewide Procurement
Systems Analyst II: $3,900-$4,399
Systems Analyst III: $4,400-$4,800
• Bachelor’s degree
• System Analyst II: Two (2) years of experience with data management, reporting, or analysis. Experience working with database technology
• System Analyst III: Three (3) years of experience with data management, reporting, or analysis
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Management Information Systems.
• One year of experience working with complex software systems, including but not limited to, NetSuite, Access or other
License / Certifications
Obtain Certified Texas Contract Development (CTCD) or Certified Texas Contract Manager (CTCM) within one year of employment.
To receive veteran’s preference a copy of your DD214 (Member 4) is required.
Veterans, Reservist or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of ( 25B, IT, 0171, 3D0X4, or other related fields) pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications. There are no direct military occupations that relate to the responsibilities or requirements for this position. All active duty, reservists, guardsmen, and veterans are encouraged to apply if they meet the qualifications for this position. Please call Human Resources, CPA Veterans Liaison at 512-475-3560/800-531-5441 for more information or assistance.
Go to http://www.texasskillstowork.com, http://www.onetonline.org, https://hr.sao.texas.gov/CompensationSystem/JobDescriptions/ or www.careeronestop.org for assistance translating your military experience and training courses into civilian job terms, qualifications/requirements and skill sets.
Important Notes to the Candidate:
Salary is contingent upon qualifications. CPA employees in the same job classification, if selected, will be laterally transferred with no increase in salary. (An example might be an Accounts Examiner III in Revenue Administration who moves to an Accounts Examiner III in the Enforcement division). If you are scheduled for an interview and require any reasonable accommodation in our interview process, please inform the hiring representative who calls you to schedule your interview. Whenever possible, please give the hiring representative sufficient time to consider and respond to your request.
Applications submitted through Work In Texas:
Work In Texas (WIT) applicants must complete the supplemental questions to be considered for the posting. To complete the supplemental questions please go to CAPPS Recruit to register or login and access your profile.
The Comptroller’s Office is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.