Sr. Director Global Benefits
Sr. Director of Global Benefits
At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re a community of artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries around.
Our creative work environment rewards new and different ideas. It’s an environment that attracts brilliant talent from around the globe. No matter which of our studio locations you join, you’ll feel the energy and support of EA’s global brand while thriving on our world-class campuses. At EA, the excitement you feel throughout each workday is made possible by a culture that inspires you to do the best work of your career.
For years, we've been building a company where amazing minds thrive. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day!
The Sr. Director of Global Benefits will be responsible for the development of the overall employee benefit strategy and effective execution of the benefit programs, including health, paid time off policies, retirement and wellness programs. This includes full oversight of plan design and pricing strategies, communication, administration and compliance. The successful candidate will oversee the benefit philosophy and drive practices and plans across all regions and countries with local business leaders, HR and global rewards professionals. As part of our evolving strategy around COVID-19 and the future of work, you will lead our efforts to evaluate and potentially redesign benefit programs and processes to enable a healthy environment, whether virtually or in the office, and the overall employee experience. Ideally, the candidate will also have experience to support the responsibility for the expansion of the EA WellbEAing strategy which includes wellness programs and incentives to help employees achieve their personal health, emotional and financial objectives. This position reports to the Vice President for Total Rewards.
- Collaborate with People Practices and other Total Rewards teams, including Workplace Experience, Wellbeing, and Compensation, to deliver an outstanding and seamless experience for all employees.
- Fully responsible for the strategic direction, planning, alignment, design and financial oversight of the benefit plans and programs on a global basis that is consistent with the Total Rewards philosophy of EA.
- Manages the development, implementation, and maintenance of EA’s benefits programs on a global basis.
- Develops engaging and informative communication programs designed to keep employees and management knowledgeable about company benefit plans and any proposed changes.
- Actively stays abreast of local market practices, trends and requirements to ensure benefit offerings remain market competitive, sound financially, and legally compliant.
- Works with consultants and third-party vendors to manage networks, coverage, services and costs.
- Partners with other functions in areas such as legal, finance, risk management, and facility management departments, to build new programs, manage risk to the company, and understand legal implications to policy or design changes.
- Accountable for overall benefits budget and manages all renewals and approvals for global benefit vendors.
- Directly manages the US and Canadian Retirement programs and is an active member of the Retirement Committee.
- Follows the global benefits governance framework and ensures ongoing plan compliance including overseeing annual audit, testing and government filings.
- Helps to further the WellbEAing culture by fostering a global wellness strategy.
- Direct accountability for the EA Global Benefits team of 6 program team members
Seen as a true subject matter expert on all benefits and wellness related topics. Require a comprehensive and thorough knowledge of US policies, trends, laws, regulations and system tools & technologies. Mastery of global benefits administration expected with extensive experience of managing benefit programs in other geographical regions outside of the US.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong customer service focus, communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Robust business, benefits accounting/finance, and HR acumen
- Superior analytical, and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Solid capacity to deal with ambiguity and risk taking
- Possesses excellent coaching, and management skills
- Demonstrated multi-cultural skills and global mind-set
- Demonstrated ability to establish and achieve strategic goals
- Excellent process design, project management, change management, and consulting skills
- Ability to influence, negotiate and build collaborative relationships across the organization
- Proven ability to innovate and drive improvements to existing programs and processes in both the short and long-term
Education and Experience
- B.S. level degree in related field
- 10+ years of experience in Human Resources, including 5+ years of management experience and a minimum of 7+ years of benefits experience
- Prefer candidates who possess the following:
- Masters level degree in related field
- CBP or CEBS certification
- Technology industry or entertainment industry experience
- Experience in global or multi-national organizations