Procurement/Buyer (Supply Chain) Business Professional - Schenectady, NY
**You must complete the application at bpmionline.com after clicking apply**
Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is seeking Procurement/Buyer (Supply Chain) Business Professionals for its Scenectady (outside of Albany), NY location. We have several openings for both entry- and mid-level experienced candidates.
BPMI is a Prime Contractor for the United States Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program (NNPP). We are a project engineering organization responsible for providing design, manufacturing, and procurement management for the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of high quality nuclear power plant components for installation in submarines and aircraft carriers.
- Team with engineering personnel to perform program management and contract administration for Naval Nuclear power plant components and servicing equipment.
- Develop and recommend acquisition strategies including source selection, performance milestones, determining contract type, and establishing negotiation objectives.
- Issue requests for proposal, analyze supplier proposals, negotiate pricing, and prepare formal written business case justifications recommending contract placement.
- Monitor supplier performance and compliance with delivery schedules, payment provisions, applicable laws, and contract data reporting requirements.
- Manage supplier relationships, including resolution of non-technical contract issues.
- Act as focal point for company and supplier communications (oral and written).
- Provide ownership and maintenance of the contract and supplier data within enterprise business systems.
- Develop budgetary estimates, long range forecasts, and independent cost estimates.
- Participate in or lead special projects such as assessment of the supplier base, program cost reduction initiatives, and company-wide audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in business field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred for newer college graduates.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications desired.
- Demonstrated strong oral and writing skills preferred.
- Understanding of purchasing, project management, supply chain and other general business skills preferred.
- Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Competitive Health Care, Dental, and Vision
· Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
o 401(k) Plan with company match
o Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· 9/80 work schedule option
· Competitive Vacation and Holidays
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Continuing Education and Training
In accordance with BPMI’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, BPMI may adopt mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols including a mask mandate and social distancing. Please speak with your BPMI Talent Acquisition Professional during the application/interview process if you have any questions regarding any potential COVID requirements.