Medical Screener -Columbus, GA
Looking for individuals who are pursuing their bachelor's degree or have received their bachelor's degrees so that we can develop them into managers of our business.
• Greets and builds rapport with donors and directs them to appropriate areas for further
• Maintains donor flow while adhering to standard operating procedures.
• Complies with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality of
product, employee and donor safety and to the proper performance of day-to-day
• Remains professional at all times in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
• Performs donor medical screening to determine suitability of donor to include reviewing
health related documents and taking vital signs including blood pressure, pulse, and
• Performs finger sticks and utilizes screening equipment to obtain hematocrit and protein
readings (excluding California donor centers).
• Performs clerical duties including creating and maintaining donor record files and
inputting information into the donor management computer software.
• Performs cashier duties related to payment of donor fees.
• May perform all required quality controls and legibly records the results on the
appropriate logs and into the donor management computer software.
• Answers the telephone and any donor inquiries regarding the procedure, payment, and
company policies in a prompt, professional manner.
• Ensures all donation information is complete, accurate, and legible prior to donation.
• Follows all OSHA requirements and company personnel policies.
• Remains alert for any adverse donor reactions and notifies appropriate staff.
• Maintains confidentiality with all specific donor issues and record keeping activities.
• Stocks and maintains an orderly work area with sufficient supplies to meet production
• Cleans and maintains equipment on a daily basis and troubleshoots issues as they arise.
• Cleans any blood or plasma spills and performs proper procedure for disposition of
• Upon completion of appropriate training, may educate new donors on the use of products
made from donated plasma. This includes explaining the process, the tests performed,
the appointment system, fees, center policies, proper nutrition and any other information
pertinent to the donor. Ensure that all donors’ questions are answered timely, accurately,
• Performs other job related tasks as assigned.