Statistical Analyst / Dept. of Surgery, PROVE
The Department of Surgery at Brigham and Women’s Hospital seeks a Statistical Analyst to support the Patient-Reported Outcomes, Value, and Experience (PROVE) Center (https://prove.bwh.harvard.edu/). At the PROVE Center, we envision a future in which patient-reported data are collected for all patients as a standard component of care across all surgical disciplines. We believe that healthcare will work better if insights derived from these data can be made immediately available to compare probable outcomes of different interventions, assist with clinical decision-making, and enhance the quality and safety of surgical care. The statistical analyst will work with clinical researchers to support the PROVE Center’s strategic focus on enhancing the quality of surgical care through collection, analysis and reporting of patient-reported outcomes (PRO) data. This individual will work under supervision of the Associate Director to support the collection and analysis of PRO data within the Center and across the Department of Surgery, including communicating with clinical investigators to understand scientific issues; designing analytic plans to meet study goals; locating and merging data from a variety of sources; conducting statistical analyses and interpreting output; and contributing to preparation of proposals, manuscripts and presentations.
The successful applicant will have experience in data queries, data management and quantitative methods, with a bachelors or master’s degree focused in biostatistics, statistics, or related field. Ideal qualifications include experience with SQL and analysis of healthcare data; the capacity to manipulate and organize large amounts of data; excellent communication skills; organization, efficiency, and attention to detail; excellent programming skills with SAS, STATA, R, python or other statistical software; ability to work both independently and as part of a team and to collaborate with team members located remotely; ability to organize and prioritize work assignments to meet multiple project needs; intellectual independence and initiative.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Generate SQL queries to identify and retrieve stored EHR patient data
• Compile electronic patient data for analysis to address research questions
• Undertake programming to create datasets for statistical analyses and document datasets
• Assist with quality assurance of study data
• Provide input into the statistical analysis plan and creation of table, figure, and listing specifications, collaborating with the lead biostatistician/epidemiologist to provide high quality statistical analyses
• Undertake programming to create tables and figures for study monitoring and analysis reports, and to undertake statistical analyses to address study research questions
• Assist with drafting of study analysis reports
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred
• BA, BS in biostatistics or statistics, or similar quantitative field with significant statistical training strongly preferred
• 2+ years of related experience; a combination of experience and education may be considered
• Experience, or experience through education, related to statistical software, such as SAS, for managing study data, preparing tables and figures for reports, and for statistical analysis
• Knowledge of statistical and/or clinical trials
• Experience with data cleaning preferred
• Strong attention to detail, as well as a high level of self-motivation
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong deductive reasoning and organizational skills
Interested candidates should submit curriculum vitae and letter of interest.
BWH is an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Primary Location MA-Boston-BWH Boston Main Campus
Work Locations BWH Boston Main Campus 75 Francis St Boston 02115
Organization Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
Standard Hours 40
Shift Day Job
Employee Status Regular
Recruiting Department BWH Surgery
Job Posting May 20, 2022