Data Analyst I
Do you have a passion for innovation? Are you excited to leverage cutting-edge technology to solve big business problems? If your response to those questions is “yes”, we would love for you to join us! At OrangePeople we consult for some of the most prestigious brands in the world. But more importantly, our consultants have a voice in the vision and future of the company. At OrangePeople, our focus is people. It’s right there in our name.
- Continually improve and automate our methods for parsing data and incorporating it into real-time models, analysis, and actions.
- Write queries, perform ad hoc data analysis, and create data visualizations to keep the nerve center of our operations engine running at full speed.
- Proactively develop new KPIs/metrics to identify trends in all the regions we operate.
- Build best practices of marrying financial and operational data.
- Data sources include Excel, SQL, internal forecasting and planning tools.
- Build dashboards and visualizations of complex data sets and calculations.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail; accuracy is a must.
- Working SQL experience required.
- Excel fluency - you may have moved on from spreadsheets as your primary tool for data analysis, or maybe it was never your primary tool but, in this role, you'll need to interface with people whose primary tools are Excel.
- Working Tableau experience for developing data visuals.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well.
- Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Team player – this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment.
- Self-starter – you will take initiative, be proactive, set and drive toward goals.
- Excellent communication and people skills – numbers are key, but a business is built with people.
- Relationship building and adept communication are assets in our fast-moving environment.
- Preferred, but not required, development experience in at least one scripting language (R or Python preferred).
- Education: Bachelor's in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Engineering, Business, and 1+ years of work experience in the field
- Python Fundamentals
- CCure 9000 Operator Basics
- Participate in OrangePeople monthly team meetings, and participate in team-building efforts.
- Contribute to OrangePeople technical discussions, peer reviews, etc.
- Contribute content and collaborate via the OP-Wiki/Knowledge Base.
- Provide status reports to OP Account Management as requested.