Founded in 2008, PublicRelay has a simple goal: to help PR and communications professionals understand how their work impacts business goals. In an era of a seemingly endless amount of news, we help Fortune 500 companies and federal agencies make sense of the media landscape and understand the trends shaping their industries. We partner with C-suite clientele to help them see the “so what” in their media coverage so they can plan their next move.
A member of PublicRelay’s interdisciplinary Analytics team, this newly created Data Analyst position offers a unique opportunity to make an outsized business impact in a high growth environment. The Data Analyst will lead strategic data projects to solve our client’s toughest analytical problems. This includes client-facing report creation and delivery, new metric development, and innovation on our core analytical products. The role requires strong collaboration with internal stakeholders including Account Executives, Product Development, as well as the Data Science and Data Visualization teams.
We need a self-starter who is fluent in data – regardless of what form it comes in. A successful candidate has excellent analytical abilities, project ownership skills, and is excited to work in a lean and dynamic environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Leverage interdisciplinary datasets alongside PublicRelay’s own media intelligence to solve our clients’ most sophisticated analytical problems
- Produce and deliver C-suite level reports related to industry media trends or a client’s communications and business goals
- Design, prototype, and build trailblazing analytical products – whether they are internally or externally-facing tools, reports, or metrics
- Partner with Data Scientists and Visualizers, as well as our international team of Analysts and Account Executives, to improve the analytical value our clients receive from PublicRelay’s services
- Data and Analytics: 1-2 years of data or analytics experience, with an aptitude for translating business objectives to actionable analytic tasks and translating complex analytical concepts into clear business strategies. Consulting or professional services experience is preferred.
- Project Ownership: Demonstrated ability to own and execute on multiple concurrent projects from start to finish with minimal oversight and direction.
- Reporting and Presentation: Ability to produce excellent analytical presentations from scratch and convey those ideas to different lay audiences. Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Data Science & Engineering: 1-2 years of BI tool Experience. Tableau and SQL expertise is preferred, Python and R experience is a plus. Basic understanding of statistical methodologies, including regression, time-series analysis, and sampling.
PublicRelay is headquartered in Tysons Corner, VA, a 5-minute walk from the Silver Line’s Spring Hill station.
- Premium healthcare and dental plans
- Flexible work from home opportunities
- PTO, 401K, and paid parental leave
- Fully stocked fridge, espresso machines, snack bar, and ice hockey table in the office
- Annual company Olympics games, cross-office competitions, and frequent happy hours
- Opportunity to collaborate with the marketing team to create compelling content for the website blog
- Multiple avenues for internal growth and quarterly career planning development discussions with managers
To apply for this position, please use the Apply Externally button
PublicRelay is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C., in Tysons Corner, VA. We also have offices in Cavan and Dublin, Ireland. To get a sense of life at PublicRelay, check out our Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
PublicRelay is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to
- National origin
- Genetic information
- Gender identity or expression
- Veteran status or any other status protected by law.
PublicRelay will conform to the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
The policy of equal employment opportunity and anti-discrimination applies to all aspects of the relationship between PublicRelay and its employees, including but not limited to:
- Working conditions
- Wages and salary administration
- Employee benefits and application of policies
The policies and principles of equal employment opportunity also apply to the selection and treatment of independent contractors, personnel working on our premises who are employed by temporary agencies and any other persons or firms doing business for or with PublicRelay.