Industrial Engineer, Supply Chain Process Owner
Imagine. With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S., designs to expand internationally, and a thriving supply chain network, there has never been a greater need for people of high initiative, of big-picture thinking, and adaptability to share in our journey. At Ulta Beauty, we have greater ambitions. Growing what works. Iterating in areas that have promise. Creating new offerings for industry advantage.
In all of this is the opportunity to experience real impact, to effectuate change, to give wings to a spirit of creativity and entrepreneurism. Because the challenges are multi-faceted and ever-changing. But for those inspired by real-world demands that press and stretch, that call for new and smarter ideas, that require heavy doses of trust and respect, Ulta Beauty encourages you to imagine with us.
The Supply Chain Industrial Engineer Process Owner is responsible for managing and implementing various productivity improvements and engineering initiatives to help drive efficiency and service within the distribution center. This role will partner with internal stakeholders and enterprise leaders (Managers, Directors, and VPs) to optimize product flow across our Distribution Centers and will be responsible for leading the implementation of any changes. Provide engineering support and help achieve facility goals and objectives. In addition, he/she will also be responsible for establishing processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness by optimizing the use of people, process and technology to achieve service excellence. Must combine technical abilities, modeling, problem solving, communication, group dynamic and business skills to analyze, design, build, manage and change processes/concepts.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner strategically with enterprise leaders (Managers, Directors, VPs) to define and plan various business applications such as: enterprise strategic initiatives, product flow optimization, best practice process improvement, transitional product strategies, and process automation.
- Support distribution safety initiatives. Develop improved methods, including evaluating new processes and/or procedures for a safe environment.
- Develop appropriate schemas and layouts to support processes.
- Analyze and develop engineered standards utilizing time and motion studies, statistical analysis and manpower planning tools to improve productivity, accuracy and service level.
- Implement multi-variable engineered standards-based incentive programs as directed.
- Determine the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow and recommend methods for maximum asset utilization of production facilities and personnel. Implement required improvements in workflow.
- Responsible for creating continuous improvement investigating problems, generating recommendations, and implementing solutions based on the use of analytical tools.
- Adjust and revitalize standards, procedures, and layouts as needed to reflect changes in policy or procedure.
- Develop work methods, process improvement, ergonomic workstation designs and document process methods
- Analyze and develop engineered standards utilizing time and motion studies, statistical analysis and manpower planning tools to improve productivity and service level to internal customer.
- Develop improved methods, including evaluating new processes and/or procedures, and the most efficient means of utilizing floor space and time, develop layout to scale using AutoCad.
- Develop a continuous improvement environment challenging the norms and seeking alternative ways.
- Adjust and refresh benchmark standards currently in place.
- Coach, train, and onboard network partners on Continuous Improvement, as well as LM structure, process, and procedures
- Train and execute LM system configuration
- Engage in multi-site support
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering from an accredited college in related discipline.
- 2-4 years’ professional relevant experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of Visio and Minitab preferred
- Experience in developing and implementing engineered work standards, LM system and incentive programs.
- Ability to manage, drive and accept accountability for project progress, quality, and achieve stated goals.
- Demonstrate ability to perform analyses and identify solutions to resolve specific business needs.
- Detail oriented and excellent analytical skills
- Good verbal and written skills to communicate with associates and all levels of management
- Works with management and supervision in the evaluation and development of processes.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills with ability to interface with various levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in team setting.
- Possess good working knowledge of all classical IE techniques including methods improvement, time and motion study, and process development.
- Good understanding of warehousing and physical distribution concepts.
- Must exhibit a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Typical Network / DC work environment
- Travel 20%/year
- Ability to walk and stand while observing for extended period