Conflicts Analyst (Legal)
McDermott Will & Emery is a leading global law firm helping to propel the success of today’s most respected, dynamic, and important organizations. More than 1,200 lawyers strong, we bring our personal passion and legal prowess to bear in every matter for our clients and the people they serve. Pride and determination abound here because every member of our team is respected, supported, and inspired to exceed. We have been recognized as a top firm to work by The American Lawyer, Working Mother Magazine, Vault, and the Human Rights Campaign for both lawyers and business professionals.
As part of our ongoing commitment to be #AlwaysBetter for our people, clients, and communities, we have created a culture of belonging that champions your individuality and authenticity as both a person and a professional. From our competitive compensation, top benefits and award-winning professional development programs to industry-leading wellness initiatives, we support you through every stage of your life and career so you can live a life you love both in and outside of the office.
The Conflicts Analyst researches and generates reports on potential new clients and matters, edits and analyzes conflict of interest reports, and provides reports to the Conflicts Attorney. This position relies on limited experience and judgment
to plan and accomplish goals.
Location: Hybrid and Flexible in Los Angeles, CA
As a Conflicts Analyst, you will:
– Process formal and informal conflict search requests
– Conduct pre-search interviews with attorneys and secretaries to clarify submitted information
– Communicate results of the conflict searches to the attorneys and secretaries
– Audit and correct search details in the conflicts database
– Research new Firm clients using industry search tools and platforms
– Provide telephone and email assistance to attorneys and secretaries to interpret reports and troubleshoot database issues
– Bachelor’s degree
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Strong organizational skills
– Strong analytical skills
– Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
– Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
– Ability to learn new concepts and skills quickly
We continue to prioritize the health and safety of our McDermott workforce. Consistent with that commitment, in light of the substantial and growing body of evidence that vaccinations remain the most effective protection against the spread of COVID-19, we require that members of our McDermott workforce be fully vaccinated.
At this time we are not asking you to provide any information about your current vaccination status, whether you would seek a medical or religious accommodation to the policy, or for any other medical information. We are only notifying you of the policy if you are interested in moving forward with the application process.
Policy applies to locations where local ordinances do not prevent COVID-19 vaccination mandates.