What You'll Do
A career at CNS can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on our nation. We recognize that excellent employees are absolutely critical for mission success, and to achieve that goal we are seeking a proven leader and experienced Software Engineer to help improve and optimize our mission critical systems. We are looking for you to apply your expertise through technical design, application development and implementation on mission critical systems. Help protect our national security interests at Pantex and have a career with a purpose!
Specific Job Responsibilities:
Primary duties include design, development, security and testing of software using various products and technologies in a full stack role. Other duties, such as code optimization, business process analysis, architecture and design. You will utilize critical thinking to help maintain production operations, system troubleshooting and problem analysis. You will be part of a collaborative team of highly skilled professions who embrace innovation and creativity. You will be working closely with project shareholders to scope, estimate, and provide overall technical leadership to develop and implement high quality software solutions.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with functional and business team members, project management, enterprise architects, system engineers, and application developers to design and develop mission critical applications based on approved architecture and business requirements
- Design and implement innovative solutions to resolve complex IT and business problems
- Lead technical projects through effective communication with peers, customers and management
- Ensure solutions are well-engineered, optimized, operable, and maintainable while also ensuring adherence to defined project management policies, change management guidelines, cyber security requirements and software quality assurance processes
- Interface with IT project management to deliver solutions on schedule and within budget
What You Can Expect
- Meaningful work and unique opportunities to support missions vital to national and global security
- Top-notch, dedicated colleagues
- Generous pay and benefits with a stable organization
- Career advancement and professional development programs
- Work-life balance fostered through flexible work options and wellness initiatives
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in engineering/science/information technology discipline
- OR Master's degree in engineering/science/information technology discipline
Preferred Job Requirements
- Full stack development or web applications
- Knowledge of cloud solutions and services and managing containerized applications such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, or Docker
- Oracle or other relational database management systems with experience in SQL
- Integrated Development Environments such as IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse or Visual Studio
- Version control tool such as GIT, SVN, or other code repositories
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills and demonstrated success leading in a team environment
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, positive team environment
- Experience with ITIL processes and agile development is preferred
The minimum education and experience for the lowest career level in the job posting range are listed under Minimum Job Requirements. Successful candidates hired into a higher career level than the minimum in the range must meet the requirements listed in the job leveling charts for the career level into which they are being hired.
If a range of Career Levels is posted, i.e., Senior Associate to Senior Specialist, internal applicants already in one of the Career Levels would come across at their current Career Level. Internal applicants currently in a lower level Career Level would move to the lowest posted Career Level.
Requires a Q clearance; however all qualified candidates will be considered regardless of their current clearance status. The ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy Q clearance is required.
Position may require entry into Materials Access Areas (MAA) and participation in the Human Reliability Program (HRP). If HRP is required, candidate must complete a counterintelligence-scope polygraph, pursuant to 10CFR 709. Medical requirements may apply.