Market Risk Analyst
Why You’ll Love This Job:
Being a member of our Risk Management team, you’ll work to protect the safety and soundness of our systems and are responsible for identifying, handling, measuring and mitigating a spectrum of key risk types including credit, market, liquidity, systemic, operational and technology in all existing and new products, activities, processes and systems.
Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Perform day-to-day functions contained in the unit's procedures such as researching significant increases in margin requirements, tracking trading patterns of member firms, liquidity usage, etc.
- Develop a strong understanding of clients’ business and risk profiles in order to serve as a point of contact for risk related support and inquiries.
- Assess existing processes and suggest new ones that most effectively anticipate, handle and reduce risk to DTCC and its participants
- Perform research necessary to support analyzing different margining methodologies
- Execute the plan for implementation of new margining methodologies and enhancements of existing methodologies, including preparation of test scripts and testing, preparation of business requirements, progress memos, etc.
- Educate clients on FICC's services and Risk initiatives
- Provides support for the preparation of written responses to audit and regulatory reports.
- Take ownership for identifying and mitigating risk within assigned areas of responsibility and for supporting risk mitigation across DTCC
- Assess existing processes and suggest new ones that most effectively anticipate, manage and reduce risk to DTCC and its participants
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
**NOTE: Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above. **
Talents Needed for Success:
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Must be analytical and detail oriented while working with large data sets
- Ability to handle client inquiries with excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with risk management methodologies (i.e. VaR) is a plus
We offer top class training and development for you to be an asset in our organization!