You are viewing a preview of this job. Log in or register to view more details about this job.
Work from home and remote work options available. 

Under general direction, the Research Scientist (RS) II (Epidemiology/Biostatistics) (E/B) plans, organizes, and carries out scientific research projects or studies of moderate scope and complexity. This involves making independent, difficult scientific decisions using statistical methods, established guidelines, and technical scientific procedures. Under general direction, and with work reviewed periodically to assure that it meets the assignment’s objectives, the RS II is a member of the Healthcare Analytics Branch and serves as a team lead on healthcare equity measures and hospital equity reporting for the Quality Indicators Group (QIG) within the Quality and Performance Section (QPS). The Medical Equity Disclosure Act requires hospitals and health systems to file an annual equity report with Department of Health Care Access and Information (HCAI) to address health disparities. HCAI is required to develop measures on patient access, quality, and outcomes by race, ethnicity, language, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity and payor with recommendations provided by an Advisory Committee.
The equity measures and reports involve highly complex state-of-the-art research and statistical methods. The RS II serves as a subject matter expert on reporting the equity measures and provides scientific and technical assistance to hospitals for statistical programing and data de-identification methods. The RS II provides oversight to ensure all information contained within the equity reports is de-identified.
In the HCAI work environment staff may handle confidential patient data. Specific statutes, regulations, and HCAI policies and procedures govern the collection, storage, disclosure, and use of confidential data. The employee is responsible for the safe and secure handling of this data in compliance with these policies and procedures.

Do you have the following education or experience?

Either I

Experience: Two years of experience in the California state service performing scientific research duties comparable to those of a Research Scientist I in the stated specialty or a closely related field. One year towards completion of a doctoral degree of the stated specialty or a closely related field may be substituted for one year of the required experience. and
Education: Possession of a bachelor's degree in the stated specialty or a closely related field.


Experience: Three years of research experience in the stated specialty or a closely related field. The research experience must have included responsibility for determining research design, choice of methods, and analysis of findings. The research involved in completion of the dissertation required for the doctoral degree may be substituted for one year of the required experience. and
Education: Possession of a master's degree in the stated specialty or in a closely related field.

If so, you may meet the minimum qualifications. Apply today!