Associate Director, Supply Chain
Date: June 1, 2022
Location: Elizabeth, New Jersey, US, 07202
Company: Teva Pharmaceuticals
Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world's largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world's largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and we've built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas. We are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both our generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how we improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives. Join us on our journey of growth!
We offer a competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage starting on the first day. We also offer Disability and Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, 6% match on the 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Tuition Assistance.
The Associate Director, Supply Chain leads all supply chain operations and scheduling activities for the Elizabeth supply chain department. Under supervision of the Supply chain Director, the Associate Director will plan and schedule the manufacture of bulk and intermediate products based on material requirements planning (MRP)reports and tools, and release production schedules in alignment with MPS requirements. This includes New Product introduction, Tech Transfer, and MS&T requirements, along with all Inline commercial demand. The Associate Director communicates status of plant performance and collaborates with Supply Planning to minimize and/or eliminate supply concerns, constraints, and back order situations.
- Oversee the development, publishing, and maintaining the scheduling to balancing inventory, resources, and capacity to meet customer needs.
- Recruit and hire new warehouse and scheduling employees to support Supply chain Operations Team including scheduling, Warehouse, and central Weigh/Dispending
- Coach, counsel, and discipline current employees as needed by enforcing policies and procedures while creating a safe and friendly work environment.
- Establish, follow, and enforce safety standards and procedures in compliance with a healthy work environment.
- Maintain a detailed production schedule by work center to achieve the MPS.
- Negotiate corrective actions to product schedules when dictated by changes in business.
- Analyze and update system-planned data such as routers, adherence KPIs and financial indicators.
- Perform capacity planning each month and highlight areas of concern for next 12 months.
- Identify and communicate constraints that may impact achievement of the MPS while maintaining finished goods inventory at target levels.
- Act as leader and liaison between Production, Engineering, Procurement, Supply Management, Product Development, Technical Services, and Demand Planning to control supply to customers.
- Develop and maintain KPIs for the supply chain operations function within the manufacturing and packaging sites.
- Ensure coordination with plant leadership to schedule and execute Production Plan on a weekly and monthly basis while monitoring actual output verses the Master Production Plan.
- Identify gaps and drive solutions, including metrics on production performance to the requested production schedule.
- Participate in project teams, represent scheduling, and plant capacity concerns.
- Develop and document planning policies, schedule rules and procedures to ensure consistent Master Scheduling performance.
- Evaluate warehouse and dispensing process and procedures for optimization.
- Bachelor's degree required; focus in Engineering, Science, Business, Supply chain, or related discipline preferred.
- Six (6) years of experience in production planning, master scheduling, inventory management, and shop floor planning in a multi-process environment required.
- Knowledge of ERP systems required.
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry with manufacturing and packaging, especially Oral Solid Dosage forms strongly preferred.
- APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP) a plus.
- Experience in managing manufacturing processes, productivity, and efficiency measurements required.
- Experience with SAP/MES, change management, and innovation to integrate electronic systems for a compliant environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain processes; planning, replenishments, forecasting, advanced planning, inventory management, and master data maintenance.
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
- Experience in leading teams within an OPEX/lean manufacturing environment.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Experience with site Quality, Production, Vendor Management, and Quality Control practices.
Supply Chain and Logistics
Director, Supply Chain
Teva’s Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Teva Pharmaceuticals is committed to equal opportunity in employment. It is Teva's global policy that equal employment opportunity be provided without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status, national or ethnic origin or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable laws. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to support you throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Inclusion & Diversity at Teva
Empowering our diverse employee base and creating an inclusive culture is both a business imperative and an opportunity to bring us closer to our patients, our partners and our communities. Teva employees respect and embrace a diverse range of experiences, capabilities and perspectives that connect us to new insights and opportunities, while building a more inclusive culture for all. We strive to enable a work environment where all employees can feel engaged and know they are making an important contribution to improving health and making people feel better.