Senior Lab Information Systems Analyst
Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir Bio is seeking an experienced Senior Lab Information Systems Analyst. This role will focus on providing IT support to laboratory operations at Vir as well as broader support for R&D systems. You will have a good understanding of R&D systems for capturing, storing, and documenting laboratory data, particularly Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN), inventory and Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS), and Scientific Data Management Systems (SDMS). You will provide training, troubleshooting, and support for these software systems as well as lab instrument machines, their specialized software, and associated laboratory networks. You will work with internal business partners such as Research, Tech Ops, Quality, and IT Operations, as well external vendors, to make sure the IT systems are meeting all the functional, operational and procedural requirements, and identify opportunities for improved or new systems to meet Vir needs. You will ensure successful rollouts of new capability and solutions through appropriate testing, communication, and training. You will focus on Vir’s growing research team in San Francisco and St Louis while providing support to research and lab users globally.
Vir’s IT Department supports staff based in offices and laboratories in the US and Switzerland as well as remote employees. Vir’s IT architecture is cloud-first, leveraging a set of integrated SaaS applications to provide a digital workplace for Vir staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Act as research and lab IT systems administrator including providing new user training and setting up users, roles, and access levels.
- Provide tier-2 support for R&D application and instrument system incidents reported through the helpdesk.
- Work with scientific groups to understand and document their process workflows and data management/analytic requirements using interviews, workshops, use cases, and requirements gathering.
- Work with application and instrument vendors and provide assistance to configure new systems, resolve application incidents, and maintain/update systems.
- Perform daily monitoring of R&D applications in production use and implement changes using documented procedures that are compliant with Vir policies and procedures.
- Build relationships with business partners (including users across R&D, quality, and regulatory) and present ideas and issue resolutions clearly and concisely.
- Serve as primary IT contact for specified R&D systems, ensuring both vendor and internal activities are on track through well-defined action plans and communication.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, or other science related discipline with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Familiarity with scientific instruments and general understanding of their functionality, and ability to communicate IT concepts to non-IT scientific staff.
- Experience in implementing and supporting information systems for laboratory operations including ELN (IDBS, CDD Vault), LIMS, and SDMS as well as AWS a strong plus.
- Experience with maintaining validated systems, following change control processes, and supporting computer systems validation a plus.
- Self-starter with strong task management and communication skills, able to operate effectively in Vir’s dynamic, growing, and fast-paced environment.
- Locations near Vir offices – Portland or San Francisco.
- Open to providing relocation assistance
Vir’s compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person’s experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.