SOSS Reporting & Analytics Associate: Americas
SOSS Reporting & Analytics Associate: Americas
Job Number: 3191516
POSTING DATE: May 31, 2022
PRIMARY LOCATION: Americas-United States of America-Georgia-Alpharetta
EDUCATION LEVEL: Bachelor's Degree
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
JOB LEVEL: Associate
Morgan Stanley mobilizes capital to help governments, corporations, institutions and individuals around the world achieve their financial goals. For over 75 years, the firm's reputation for using innovative thinking to solve complex problems has been well earned and rarely matched. A consistent industry leader throughout decades of dramatic change in modern finance, Morgan Stanley will continue to break new ground in advising, serving and providing new opportunities for its clients.
Morgan Stanley is committed to maintaining the first-class service and high standard of excellence that have always defined the firm. At its foundation are five core values: putting clients first, doing the right thing, leading with exceptional ideas, committing to diversity & inclusion and giving back, that guide its more than 55,000 employees in 1,200 offices across 43 countries.
REM (Reengineering & Expense Management) works in close partnership with the businesses and support functions to identify and execute opportunities to manage expenses through strategic sourcing, demand management, process reengineering, and procurement management. REM leverages the Source-to-Pay process to create expense data transparency and ensure vendor contract compliance. REM also manages our supplier relationships and our outsourcing risk. The SOSS (Sourcing Operations and Shared Services) Reporting & Analytics team is part of the REM department.
This is a reporting & data analytics role within REM (Associate level). The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering reporting solutions to stakeholders in Firmwide Sourcing and across the firm. The candidate should have a strong technology-based skillset and business acumen with a focus on finding and creating efficiencies while delivering effective reporting & analytics. This position will require a strong attention to detail, ability to multitask, and an understanding of expense management, invoicing, procurement and sourcing end to end processes.
The reporting & data analyst is expected to provide daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting deliverables in a fast paced and deadline driven environment. The candidate will work closely with Firmwide Sourcing leadership in order to provide analytical support for negotiations, data quality assurance, data analytics and process automation initiatives. The candidate is also responsible for producing KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and metrics regarding savings, productivity and other performance measures.
- Turn business requirements into solutions that drive meaningful reporting and analysis for stakeholders across Firmwide Sourcing and the firm.
- Develop, modify, and maintain visualizations and dashboards that are hosted on an in-house Tableau server (MSViz).
- Execute daily ETL processes. This includes extracting, transforming and loading of datasets from multiple source systems, specifically; sourcing, contracts, accounts payable (BOXI), and other expense management and risk related tools.
- Become a subject matter expert on the data model/structure in order to perform meaningful analysis and apply it to business needs.
- Write complex queries for large volumes of data (joins, functions, sub queries, etc.).
- Ensure all daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting deliverables are completed on time.
- Edit and create SQL stored procedures/views in order to generate the KPIs and metrics required by leadership.
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis; investigate discrepancies and gaps for issues arising from any errors, failing data connections or source system data quality.
- Work independently with stakeholders for any ad hoc requests or modifications to existing reporting solutions and dashboards.
- Find efficiencies with respect to database indexing, process automation and report execution.
- Monitor and manage ad-hoc and day to day tasks and document procedures that are easily replicable by other resources.
- Minimum 2-4 years experience in a professional setting with a strong focus on reporting and data analytics.
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field (Finance, Information Systems, Data Science, Technology preferred).
- Analytical skills: The candidate must be highly analytical with experience in using objective data to drive strategic recommendations. Experience of collecting, analyzing and synthesizing large and complex datasets.
- Industry experience with report development, data warehousing, business analytics and using data science/business intelligence tools.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills; PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel (complex formulas, pivot tables, slicers, data connections, macros).
- A willingness to understand underlying data, sources, data elements and end to end data flow in order to provide clarity to stakeholders.
- Client management and teamwork skills: The candidate must have demonstrated ability in being flexible and working with stakeholders and colleagues at all experience levels, as well as external counterparts.
- Prior experience using an RDBMS (Relational Database Management Systems), Particularly SQL Server. Must also possess SQL Code development skills in order to create custom queries, stored procedures, execute code, views, etc.
- The candidate must possess strong written and oral communications skills and prepare presentations and documents for senior audiences.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks relating to the book of work for BAU reporting.
- The candidate must have the ability to create practical and comprehensive implementation plans and partner with Technology to test and introduce system changes and enhancements that impact the reporting environment.
- Experience with Ariba On Demand.
- Industry experience with sourcing, procurement, and expense management.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic (VBA) programming.
- Experience with Tableau Dashboard Development.
- Knowledge of Visual Studio.
- Experience with Accounts Payable and expense management data.
- Experience working with a global team.