Cognosante 2022 Fall Scholars Program
At Cognosante, we help improve how the nation delivers services to its citizens through innovation and transformation. We are committed to creating positive results with lasting impact and are always looking for passionate people who share our values to join the Cognosante family.
Every day, we help government agencies solve difficult problems. We are ensuring health professionals have accurate, secure, and timely health data so Americans get the healthcare they need. We help Federal and State agencies navigate healthcare reform and empower their technology transformations. We are addressing the social determinants of health to remove barriers to healthcare access. And we are proud to help our military do its job more safely by leveraging stronger IT networks and using cybersecurity and biometrics technologies that replace outdated legacy solutions. We are also helping create more options for Veterans, active-duty military personnel, and their families to obtain health services in their communities.
Passion for what we do. Pride in how we do it. At Cognosante we are all VIPS. We create value by being enterprising. We develop innovative ideas and solutions. We perform at our best and deliver results. We share achieved results and recognitions. Cognosante is a Great Place to Work certified company and we are looking forward to you joining our team.
About the Program
The Cognosante Scholar’s program seeks to provide third and fourth (+) year undergraduates a robust semester’s long training program. Working closely with senior leadership, selected scholars will have the opportunity to earn college credit while being employed full-time at our company supporting a Cognosante corporate initiative from start to finish. You will be assigned a dedicated mentor, meet regularly with our executive leadership, and have access to our full suite of learning and development tools including LinkedIn Learning. You will obtain industry certifications such as a Lean Six Sigma colored belt and establish vital skills in project management, public speaking and business etiquette and networking. All the while you will be part of a small cohort of 10 other students that work collaboratively on community outreach and social events in the greater Washington, DC area.
The ideal candidate will be in their third or fourth (+) year of completing their undergraduate degree. We are looking for self-motivated students that are comfortable in ambiguous environments when surrounded with strong support. Selected candidates will have a history of leading through action rather than position or title and will be intellectually curious with a particular focus/interest in working in a firm like ours that is mission driven.
Cognosante looks at well-qualified applicants holistically through our selection process. We accept students from a variety of liberal arts and STEM based majors and work closely to align students with projects that match their career interests. Come prepared to have an in-depth conversation on any past internship work experience and especially be open to talking about your coursework during our interview process. This will help determine the right team across our many tracks we can offer.
- Current Enrollment in undergraduate degree program at Cognosante designated partner school
- Completed at least 60 credit hours towards an undergraduate degree by date of job offer
- Cumulative grade point average of at least a 3.0 gpa from all courses of study
- Completed required COVID-19 vaccination series required for corporate housing at Cognosante housing partner or meets requirements for exemption for vaccination as outlined by partner institution (applicable for those seeking housing assistance)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status
Program Compensation / Benefits
Cognosante offers a variety of perks for Scholars that chose to spend their fall in residence with us:
- Competitive hourly compensation at $20 per hour
- Paid student housing in private bedrooms with shared common space at nearby University
- Company paid holidays including Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, and Thanksgiving Day
- Complimentary transportation benefits to nearby Metro stop via Uber for Business-
- On site fitness center
- Employee discount program, Perks at Work
- Suite of training and development including access to 8,000 + eLearning courses and 15,000 books/audiobooks by Skillsoft library
- Data Science / Machine Learning
- Marketing / Communications
- Industrial Organization (I/O) Psychology
- Software Development
- Systems Analysis
- Finance / Accounting
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
- Pricing / Contracts / Legal
**Note: Not all tracks will be available every semester. One application will consider you for all open tracks. **
Eligible Partner Schools
Consideration will be provided to students from the following Cognosante partner institutions:
- Delaware State University
- Elizabeth City State University
- Bowie State
- North Carolina Central University
- Hollins University
- Sweet Briar College