Research Associate - Hybrid
This position is responsible for providing effective, efficient support to Analysts and Senior Analysts in all steps of the equity research process.
· Idea Generation – Create, maintain, and evaluate equity screens with the purpose of finding potential new investment ideas.
· Information Collection – Collect, organize, and distill industry data from a wide variety of sources including company financial reports, presentations, third-party research, trade journals, periodicals, books, databases, and newswire services.
· Security Analysis and Evaluation – Conduct historical financial analysis, build and maintain valuation models, and assist in the valuation process of individual equities. Participate in meetings with senior management teams from around the globe and interact extensively with sell side research analysts.
· Report Writing – Clearly and concisely present the conclusions of the research process in written form, including drafting company descriptions, industry analyses, and valuation discussions.
· Presentations – Verbally communicate and present company specific research in group settings, including fielding questions from internal investment professionals.
· Other – Provide periodic support for client retention and marketing activities. Assist in maintenance of the firm’s statistical databases. Maintain ongoing knowledge of departmental procedures. Perform special projects as needed. Maintain confidentiality of client information. Attend and participate in staff meetings