Help Desk Analyst
HELP DESK ANALYST – SCHAUMBURG, IL – FLEXIBLE HYBRID SCHEDULE
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) serves more than 55,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. With more than 155 talented employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, expertise, and knowledge that each one brings to our table.
Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty. Thanks to our positive, supportive work environment, ASA has been named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last five years.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists values the safety of our employees, our members, and our visitors. In support of these values, if you are selected for this job, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption before working with the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
ASA offers flexible hybrid home-and-office work arrangements and so much more! As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are smart, creative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!
The Help Desk Analyst is responsible for support of all ASA standard end-user hardware and software. Working in partnership with ASA’s Managed Help Desk partner, the Help Desk Analyst is responsible for meeting service level agreements on all IT service desk tickets. Responsible for configuration and installation of new computers/hardware per hardware rotation plan. Works with Human Resources to coordinate IT orientation for new employees and ongoing end-user training and education for staff. Develops processes/procedures for resolution of common/recurring tasks and incidents. As an Infrastructure team member, the Help Desk Analyst is expected to be the first line of contact for staff support after triage through a managed Help Desk partner. As an ASA staff member, the Help Desk Analyst is expected to maintain a collaborative and cordial relationship with colleagues in the other pillars of IT and others in the business
· Serves as an initial point of contact for all IT requests that pass initial triage via ASA’s managed Help Desk partner. Responsible for all unresolved Tier 1 and Tier 2 tickets. Appropriately resolves or escalates requests to other IT personnel/teams when appropriate; providing initial documentation gathered.
· Works with ASA’s managed help desk partner to ensure tickets are being addressed in a timely manner, routed correctly, initial documentation gathered, and handled sensibly.
· Provides technical and procedural support to staff for all standard end user hardware and software. Standard hardware includes, but isn't limited to, desktops, laptops, mobile devices, phones, printers and copiers. Standard software includes desktop and mobile operating systems, Microsoft 365 applications and IT-supported third-party and internally developed applications.
· Identify chronic support problems and expedite resolution; routinely report on status of chronic issues to the applicable team. Drive incident and request resolution across the Help Desk through the creation of user-facing and IT facing knowledgebase articles.
· Assist the Systems Administrator in maintaining an accurate asset inventory by ensuring end user assets are tagged, entered into asset tracking systems and updated accordingly when devices are decommissioned, reassigned or changed.
· Facilitate technology orientation and ongoing technology training for new and existing staff and member leaders. Assist in the offboarding process for departing staff, contractors, and member leaders.
· Responsible for preparing and deploying new end user equipment to the field. This includes but isn't limited to imaging of laptops, deploying mobile devices, and providing guidance to the recipient.
· Collaborates with other Infrastructure team members for the selection of all user facing hardware, testing, application implementation and hardware rollouts.
· Participates in routine testing of incident response, disaster recovery and business continuity tools, processes and procedures.
· Travel to member meetings bringing equipment to support staff and member leaders.
· Act as a representative to the business for the Infrastructure team. IT Infrastructure supports and enables the work of each department at ASA and understanding and meeting their software and hardware needs is crucial to growing the business.
· Works with the Engineering Manager to develop and manage the capital and operational budget for infrastructure services and equipment.
· Provide after-hours support as needed for critical systems for time sensitive issues or projects.
· Participate in special projects and perform other duties as required.
· Degree or diploma in information technology, computer science or related field preferred.
· Certifications centered around system, network and security fundamentals and support is preferred. Microsoft and ITIL certifications considered a plus.
· 1+ years: Experience as a help desk technician, end user support administrator or similar role. ITIL experience is desired. Experience in non-profit IT considered a plus.
· 1+ years: Experience with the Microsoft suite of technologies including Windows 10/11 and Microsoft 365.
· Experience imaging and provisioning new devices is desired. MDT and Intune Autopilot experience is a plus.
· Experience supporting collaboration tools is desired. Microsoft Teams, Zoom, SharePoint Online experience is highly desired.
· Experience supporting telecom equipment and service is desired. Soft phones, desk phones, video conferencing equipment experience desired. Zoom room systems, Teams room systems, 8x8 or Fuze experience is a plus.
· Demonstrable skills troubleshooting a wide range of technical problems including, but not limited to software applications, operating systems and basic networking troubleshooting.
· Experience supporting printers, copiers and MFPs is desired.
· Experience onboarding and providing basic IT training newly hired staff is desired. Experience offboarding exiting staff is desired.
· Experience working in a help desk ticketing system is desired. Jira Service Desk or ServiceNow experience is a plus.
· Working knowledge of common security regulations and guidelines is desired. Experience working within an environment subject to PCI and HIPAA is desired.
· Ability to organize work, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines required.
· Excellent overall communication and customer service skills is required.
· Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude skills are required.
· Availability outside of working hours to resolve emergency issues promptly is required.
· Basic scripting knowledge is desired. PowerShell is a plus.