Operations Manager (Non-Profit)
Terms of Employment: FT; 40 hours weekly
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Position Location: Gaithersburg, MD or Remote
The Center for Contemporary Sciences (CCS) is at the forefront to create sustainable health by replacing unreliable animal research and testing and reducing the risks of pandemics and climate change through efforts that benefit human health and animal welfare. As CCS’s Operations Manager, you will be supporting the smooth and efficient daily operations of a company and helping it grow. You will be working in the functions of human resources, finance, and communications. Depending on your experience, you may be called up to participate in the strategic planning for the organization.
Operations Manager Responsibilities
- Manage accounts payable
- Ensure accurate and timely review and posting of gifts including pledges, stock and in-kind
- Prepare reconciliations of corporate credit accounts
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of gift acknowledgements
- Reviewing cash flow management with leadership
- Ensure regular financial reporting
- Assist with ad-hoc internal finance, grant, and development reporting
Human Resources Management
- Source and recruit talent for open positions
- Write and maintain all policies
- Manage human resource function (talent management and employee relations)
- Manage the internship and fellowship programs
- Maintain accurate and timely benefit information
- Process bi-weekly payroll
- Troubleshoot technology issues and develop/update best practice procedures
- Recommend, document, and follow internal processes and practices
- Serve as the first point of contact for CCS
- Provide scheduling support to the CEO
- Oversee general office operations including print and electronic correspondence, supply, and technology management
· Build and execute social media strategy through platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
· Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video, or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to act.
· Create and manage calendars (i.e., communications, events, operations)
· Produce and distribute the organization’s monthly updates and newsletters.
- Administer vendor and building/tenant-related relationships
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO
Operations Manager Requirements
The ideal candidate is highly organized, likes managing multiple projects with demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, meet multiple concurrent deadlines, has excellent communication skills, enjoys working with team input, has a sense of humor and has the following:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Command of MS Office programs
- A successful track record in setting priorities
- Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management skills
· Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation, and communication skills.
· Experience in organizing teams, documents, schedules, and events.
· Preferred experience in project management.
· Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge.
· Adequate knowledge of web and online content management.
· Positive attitude, detail, and customer-oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of CCS
- Preference is given to those with animal welfare interests
How to Apply:
Send a resume, cover letter and a 1–2 page writing sample to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Center for Contemporary Sciences will consider all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, military discharge status, age, marital status, parental status, or source of income