Job Title: Data Analyst
FLSA Classification: Exempt (Salaried)
Reports to: Director of Business and Data Analytics
The Data Analyst will analyze and assess the needs of food insecure individuals across Eastern MA as well as the ability of GBFB’s network of hunger relief partners to effectively and equitably meet those needs and will develop and implement strategies to support data collection, ensuring data quality standards are met, to provide insights that inform GBFB’s and its network’s operational strategies and practices.
Position Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for producing local estimates and maintaining data pertaining to food insecurity and hunger relief efforts across Eastern MA to identify communities that are under- or inequitably resourced to meet the nutritious food and dietary preferences of its residents.
- Conduct evaluations of GBFB’s operational strategies and practices and those of our network of distribution partners.
- Assume leadership role in developing and implementing Service Insights data collection strategy and oversee data collection efforts.
- Manage monthly agency reporting including ongoing assessment of survey questions, performing analysis, creating reports and summaries, and developing strategies to improve and maintain the quality of agency reporting.
- Coordinate with Senior Research Advisor on the refinement, execution, analysis, and development of reports and other supporting materials for GBFB’s statewide food access study.
- Responsible for the administration of surveys to assess the needs, trends, and capacity of GBFB’s network of distribution partners and the clients they serve as well as internal surveys; analyzing survey results and creating reports and presentations to share findings with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Develop and implement research and data analyses strategies to better understand the needs and disadvantages of those experiencing food insecurity including racial inequity, housing, unemployment, etc.; keeping GBFB up to date as new data becomes available and explaining any changes and causal elements.
- Act as a resource for GIS needs, maintaining online maps and dashboards as well as static map files for advocacy, donor engagement, and strategic purposes.
- Identify external research and datasets to inform GBFB’s operations and strategy.
- Act as primary resource for standard data requests through the monitoring of inquiries and respond within a timely manner, identifying request priority and elevating or deferring to others as necessary.
- Maintain weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and dashboards.
- Collaborate with the Development Team regarding grant applications, fundraising opportunities, donor volunteer experiences, etc.
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
These explain a candidate’s qualities as they relate to a job and determine if they are a good fit.
- Ability to analyze large and diverse data sets
- Ability to create professional comprehensive reports and summaries
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Comfortable presenting to both internal and external audiences
- Project Management and Planning skills
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software
- Ability to multi-task and manage tight deadlines
- Sensitivity to issues affecting low-income, food insecure populations
- Demonstrated resiliency; strong relationship building and interpersonal skills.
Mandatory Education and Experience
- BS in Data Science or similar field; MS in Data Science or similar field preferred
- 3-5 years of experience working in a Data Analyst/Research role preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with a nonprofit organization preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with GIS, BI, and/or other analytics software required
- Remote, high-speed internet access required
- Some weekend and evening hours required
- Valid driver’s license required and access to a reliable personal vehicle preferred
- Demonstrates the required digital competencies that result in the effective usage of the full range of digital technologies at GBFB
- Ability to work in an office environment
- Ability to work remotely both independently and collaboratively using connectivity tools like Zoom and Skype
- Ability to sit for up to 3 hours at a time
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. preferred
- The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting
Can This Position Be Performed Remotely?