SOC Analyst (Remote - Northeast Region)
Mandiant helps organizations build an effective security operations program that minimizes organizational risk and reduces the impact of security breaches. Our consultants offer hands-on frontline defense to support a resilient defense strategy.
As a motivated and experienced SOC Operations Consultant, you will utilize your skills to help customers build and operate their own advanced threat detection capability and help to respond to events in their environment. In this role, you will leverage your strong security and consulting skills to operate long term projects focusing on security operations, security event monitoring, and/or computer incident response.
What You Will Do:
- Conduct real-time analysis using the SIEM, Endpoint and Network based technologies, and other security analytics tools with a focus on identifying security events and false positives. Analyze potential security incidents and escalate to a Mandiant SOC Lead Analyst for further triage or analysis.
- Provide guidance on building and/or maturing information security programs, responding to and remediating computer security incidents, and operation of tools and technologies used for enterprise security
- Interface with clients to address concerns or escalations; track and drive to closure any issues that impact the service and its value to clients
- 2+ years of incident analysis, malware research, SOC, or any other similar incident response experience.
- 1+ years of experience with the critical tools used in security event analysis, incident response, computer forensics, malware analysis, or other areas of security operations.
- Understanding of security controls for common platforms and devices, including Windows, Unix, Linux, and network equipment
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Provide expert level knowledge of tools and technologies used for enterprise security
- One or more of the following certifications are required: CompTIA Security +; CompTIA Network +; Information systems Security Professional (CISSP); SANS-GIAC certification (GSEC, GCIH, GCED, GCFA, GCIA, GNFA, GPEN, GWAPRT); CISCO (CCNA); EC-Council (CEH, LPT)
As a U.S. federal contractor, Mandiant has adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to comply with our obligations under applicable laws and requirements. This position may be covered under Mandiant’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, as required in order to support federal contracts, access company offices and/or attend in-person meetings and work events. If covered under this policy, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 may be required as a condition of hire.
At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This is a regionally-based role that must be located in Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, or Rhode Island.