Data Reporting Analyst - Flexible Hybrid Schedule
DATA REPORITNG ANALYST – FLEXIBLE HYBRID SCHEDULE
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) serves more than 55,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. With more than 155 talented employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, expertise, and knowledge that each one brings to our table.
Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty. Thanks to our positive, supportive work environment, ASA has been named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last five years.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists values the safety of our employees, our members, and our visitors. In support of these values, if you are selected for this job, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption before working with the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
ASA offers flexible hybrid home-and-office work arrangements and so much more! As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are smart, creative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!
The Data Reporting Analyst ensures ASA and its constituents can easily access high quality data needed to make decisions that support the mission and business goals of ASA. This position will leverage analytic reporting tools to create and execute reports in the Association Management System (AMS) on behalf of ASA staff. Serves as the data steward for personal and demographic data, and data related to ASA and component membership, ensuring high quality, completeness, and integrity across all ASA systems.
This position runs reports to quantify and validate data and perform data hygiene processes. Creates reports, queries, and dashboards for routine or ad hoc usage as they relate to membership, membership dues, membership renewal, marketing activities, education and purchase information, and member communications and publications. Analyzes data, performs calculations, and identifies and resolves key barriers/problems. Works closely with the Data Governance Product Manager on matters related to the stewardship of member and membership data sets.
This position serves as the functional expert for data and processes related to the AMS within the Member and Product Experience department. Reviews processes, suggests improvements, assists with standard operating procedures (SOPs), and represents the interests of Member and Product Experience team on cross-departmental work groups and projects.
· Serve as membership functional expert for AMS. Work to maintain and enhance processes to maximize efficiencies and effectiveness of membership data and standard operating procedures.
· Support the organization by fulfilling ad hoc membership reports and data requests for internal and external customers. Establish regular, automated reporting systems when possible. Prepare reports that enable staff to understand customers/members and make actionable decisions.
· Manage the ASA Mailing List Rental Program for print and e-blast orders; including providing quotes, mailing lists, setting up eblasts, invoicing, and tracking of program activities.
· Perform regular quality control reviews on membership data and work with data governance team on projects and issues related to member and membership data to assure the maintenance of high quality data.
· Responsible for annual renewal and reinstatement billing for all ASA members. Updates membership product codes, creates control reports, coordinates data validation with Accounting and IT, and serves as lead in the dues invoice project.
· Generates reports to track recruitment and retention progress on a regular basis.
· Generates and delivers the monthly ASA mailing lists for Anesthesiology and the ASA Monitor publication vendors.
· Provides consistent and accurate research, information, insights and analysis into member and customer demographics and behaviors to the leadership and staff stakeholders.
· Provides Unified Billing component societies with an accurate list of their lapsed members. On a regular basis, generates component reports.
· Participates in appropriate project teams related to the AMS. This includes upgrades, enhancements to system features, integrations, reporting, and any other related projects.
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
· Minimum 3 years of work experience in related field required; association experience preferred.
· Experience in data analysis and the preparation of data reports.
· Experience with SAP Business Objects, Power BI, Tableau or other reporting software highly desirable.
· Experience with writing SQL queries is required.
· Experience with databases is required, AMS or CRM experience preferred.
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, Outlook and other productivity focused tools.
- Well-developed quantitative analysis skills.
· Strong attention to detail, with a focus on producing quality, error-free work.
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Ability to manage deadlines and plan projects within agreed upon timeframes.
· Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships with members and co-workers.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.