Project Billing & Accounts Payable Specialist (2+ yrs exp)
Hobbs+Black Architects is seeking a full-time Project Billing & Accounts Payable Specialist with 2+ years project related accounting experience to join our team. This position operates on-site at our downtown Ann Arbor office headquarters.
The Project Billing & Accounts Payable Specialist will report directly to the Director of Accounting & Finance and will work closely with Project Managers in our offices to establish, maintain, and bill architectural projects. The Project Billing & Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for all accounts payable and receivable functions for our multiple office locations.
- Set-up project accounts in accordance with project contract terms, maintain all project related files and close projects upon completion
- Process monthly billing invoices, including all applicable back-up
- Process consultant invoices, employee expense reports and monthly corporate expenses
- Process cash receipts and match corresponding consultant invoices for payment
- Handle project billing related inquiries from project managers and clients
- Enter accounts payable invoices received and timely process payments as directed
- Maintain AP files
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Enter payroll journal entries into accounting system
- Reconcile bank statements and AP statements of account
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and yearly tasks and analysis projects
- Answer phones in a timely and professional manner
- General office supply inventory and order processing
- Other miscellaneous office duties as needed
- Highly developed attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills
- Associate Degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of project accounting experience in an office
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Understanding of architectural design firm, engineering firm or construction industry operations
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- General knowledge of accounting or project accounting software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Possess a professional manner and work ethic
- Ability to excel in fast paced team environment
Hobbs+Black offers competitive benefits and an enthusiastic environment of professionals dedicated to excellence in architecture. We welcome a team-oriented individual to add to our firm’s history of success.
Candidates please submit a cover letter, resume, professional references, and salary requirements when applying for this position. Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hobbs+Black Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer.