Operations Process Automation Analyst
Help design the grid of the future. ISO New England's Operations Analysis and Integration (OAI) team is looking for an enthusiastic candidate that can help ensure reliable operation of the Bulk Electric System through efficient administration of the Wholesale Markets. An analyst in the OAI group will do these things by assisting our team in the design, testing, and analysis of software and processes for incorporating the resources of the future. This includes the integration distributed energy resources, energy storage, and a high penetration of renewable resources. Join us, and be part of this opportunity to meet the many challenges facing the electric sector for years to come.
How you will make an Impact
- Review existing software and processes used by members of System Operations & Market Administration to identify areas for improvement
- Design, develop, test, implement, and maintain departmentally created software enhancements for the members of System Operations & Market Administration
- Design and perform recurring or ad-hoc operational and market analyses to support sound decision making while challenging long standing practices
- Support departmental involvement in corporate projects by participation in working groups, developing business requirements, participating in product development and business owner testing, coordinating and supporting procedure and user guide development, supporting final implementation and providing follow up support
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science or equivalent experience
- Proactive and collaborative work style
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including data visualization
- Working knowledge of multiple programming languages (i.e Python, R, Matlab, C++, VBA)
- Working knowledge of SQL and data mining experience
Desired not required
- Knowledge of ISO New England Wholesale Markets
- Knowledge of ISO New England System Operations
Mission: Through collaboration and innovation, ISO New England plans the transmission system, administers the region’s wholesale markets, and operates the power system to ensure reliable and competitively priced wholesale electricity.
Vision: To harness the power of competition and advanced technologies to reliably plan and operate the grid as the region transitions to clean energy.
Values: Expertise, Respect, Innovation, Dependability and Collaboration
What We Offer: Located in Holyoke, MA amid the picturesque Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, our employees get the best of both rural and urban living, enjoying day-to-day local community culture and conveniences with drivable access to big city amenities. Our competitive base salaries, performance-driven bonus incentive offering, as well as a variety of health, wellness, and professional development benefits underscore the value we place in our employees. Beyond our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, we encourage continuous learning through our training and tuition reimbursement programs and support work-life balance with flex hours, hybrid work models for most roles, and paid vacation and holidays. Our benefits strive to fulfill the needs of our employees across life’s stages, with paid parental time off, health and wellness programs, 401k with company match, and a retirement plan. For the convenience of our employees, we offer complimentary access to our onsite fitness center and a cafeteria with free coffee.
COVID-19 Policy: Employee safety and well-being is a priority at ISO New England. To safeguard our teams and the important work they do, ISO New England has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Equal Opportunity: We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment: We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice: ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.