Analyst, IT Service
The IT Service Analyst is responsible for supporting the delivery of valuable technology, innovation, and performance services to the City departments. By partnering with end-users and technology groups, the Analyst ensures all incidents are analyzed, resolved, and reported back within the promised timeframes. Also, by partnering with end-users and technology groups, the Analyst ensures all service requests are analyzed, routed, and fulfilled within the promised timeframes.
Department: Innovation and Performance
Salary: $58,070 per year.
Union: This position is included in the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees, Local 2719 bargaining unit and will be filled in accordance with the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Union Bid Form: None required. Your application for this position will serve as your union Bid Form.
Civil Service Classification: Non-competitive.
You must submit or show proof of all of the following at the time of filing your application (unless otherwise indicated below) or your application will be disqualified. Disqualifications based on any of these General Application Requirements are not subject to a Civil Service appeal.
- A completed online City of Pittsburgh Employment Application, including your online Employment Profile Data. (Education and Work Experience).
- Completed online City of Pittsburgh Supplemental Form questions for this position.
- Applicants must comply with the City of Pittsburgh's COVID 19 vaccination mandate.
- Applicants must be or become residents of the City of Pittsburgh prior to employment and remain a resident throughout employment. Click here to view a map of City of Pittsburgh neighborhoods.
NOTE: The City of Pittsburgh, as a matter of policy, conducts pre-employment and promotional background investigations on all candidates being considered for positions. The background investigation includes but is not limited to criminal background, driver's license and City of Pittsburgh real estate tax payments. Candidates may be disqualified from consideration from employment based on the results of their background investigation (as it relates to the job for which the applicant is being considered).
NOTE: Candidates being considered for employment will be required to submit official transcripts to verify of their post-secondary education (college/university, trade school, etc.) prior to being hired by the City of Pittsburgh. Transcripts must be submitted at the time of any/each job interview you have with the City of Pittsburgh.
Your City of Pittsburgh application will be reviewed and your work experience and education/training will be evaluated to determine if you meet the qualifying eligibility requirements listed below for this position. You will be sent an eligibility letter regarding your eligible/ineligible status.
- WORK EXPERIENCE: The application must clearly show two (2) years of full-time experience in IT service delivery, or with assistance/technical customer support. (Full-time is defined as 32 hours or more per week. Less than full-time experience will be calculated on a pro-rated basis.)
- EDUCATION/TRAINING: The application must clearly show an Associate's Degree from a fully accredited institution in Computer Science, Information Science, or a related field. (See NOTE under the General Application Requirements Section above regarding the verification of education/training).
- EQUIVALENCY: Education/training and/or work experience may be substituted on a year for year basis if the application clearly shows the required number of years to meet the Total Qualifying Requirement for this position (based on the sum of work experience and education/training listed above). The Total Qualifying Requirement is four (4) years. (See NOTE under the General Application Requirements Section above regarding the verification of education/training).
CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATIONS
If you meet the qualifying requirements listed above, you will be sent a letter of admission (when applicable) for the following examination(s). You must pass the written and/or performance examination(s) in order to have your name placed on the official Civil Service eligibility list for this position. Candidates who receive job offers must pass a medical examination (when applicable) prior to start date.
- Written: None required for this position.
- Performance: None required for this position.
- Medical: Required.
- Monitors services in order to trigger incident management response, both after notification from a user or when a monitoring tool detects an alert.
- Coordinates with the functional teams for devices, infrastructure, applications, and cybersecurity to mitigate software, hardware, and networking issues.
- Troubleshoots and resolves IT issues via phone, web, and in-person channels
- Ensures all incidents are resolved within the service level agreements.
- Records information accurately and timely about issues detected or reported in the environment.
- Supports the communication of notifications regarding the state of IT services to departments and employees.
- Communicates in a cordial and respectful manner in order to resolve issues promptly.
- Identifies the appropriate procedure to solve issues reported or passes the issue along to the appropriate service queue.
- Documents solutions and errors during incident management.
- Participates in continuous, iterative problem solving and process improvement activities with colleagues.
- Partners with IT and business personnel to discuss the impact of incidents on products and services.
- Learns new product and service technologies and methodologies proactively.
- Manages responsibilities in strict accordance with applicable laws, regulations and established policies.
- Performs other related tasks and duties that are assigned or required. Some travel is required.
CLICK HERE to view the full job description including knowledge, skills, and abilities and working conditions for this position. Locate and click on the position title to view the complete job description.