Title: Senior Business Analyst
Function: Analytics Services
Accelerate your career with Ugam, the no. 1 data science company to work for.
Ugam, a Merkle company and part Dentsu, is looking for Senior Business Analyst
This role is responsible for working with client’s data product management team for managing petabyte scale data lakes and data products. This client is one of the largest retailers in USA and the products are actively used by 1500+ analytics. The role involves release planning, supporting UAT, conducting gap analysis, investigating analyst behaviours to define new data features, writing user stores and technical documentation. Good analytics skills using SQL, Excel and occasionally Tableau with great interpersonal and writing skills will help one win in this role.
Role: Senior Business Analyst
• Lead all the phases of a product’s life cycle including defining the business need, establishing criteria and business requirements, understanding the impact to the business, and partnering with IT in development and rolling out the features.
• Understanding & documenting user requests including creation of BRDs and user stories.
• Groom the user/feature requests into technical requirements which can be leveraged by data engineers to develop these features.
• Ability to conduct user research and testing to understand needs
• Conduct user training sessions and occasionally record self-help videos
• Working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern software design, and development team
• Influencing functional and technical team members at all levels in the organization. Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
• Setting up new processes & improving existing processes to establish smooth operations between data product management team and IT partners
• Partner with product managers to build roadmap for the data product and ensure to successfully accomplish quarterly goals.
• Build reports and dashboard to help data product management make decisions
• Ability to write complex sql queries for data comparison, data validation and report automation.
• Working closely with offshore team and mentoring them if needed.
− BSc in Computer Science, BS in Economics, Bachelors in Business Administration
− Most recent Scrum certification, PMP or similar certification are a plus
- 2-3 years of corporate experience Skills
− Proficient in SQL. Experience dealing with data warehouses & writing complex queries. (must have)
− Experience building reports & dashboards (must have)
− Experience with PowerPoint, Excel, data analysis & JIRA (must have)
− Google cloud Platform & BigQuery experience is a plus
− Python programming experience is a plus
− Experience working in an agile environment is a plus Competencies
− Must have exceptional and effective communication, organization, and time management skills.
− Triaging priorities across IT, Business and Product stakeholders
− Must be pro-active and determined (Initiates action, Analytical and problem solver)
Ugam, a Merkle company, is a leading next--generation data and analytics company generation data and analytics company helping enterprises make superior decisions. Ugam’s customer helping enterprises make superior decisions. Ugam’s customer--centric approach blends centric approach blends data, technology, and expertise, resulting in impactful and long data, technology, and expertise, resulting in impactful and long--tenured relationships with tenured relationships with more than 85 Fortune 500 companies. The company’s comprehensive set of analytics and more than 85 Fortune 500 companies. The company’s comprehensive set of analytics and tech--enabled services as well as proven AI / ML capabilities have been successfully applied enabled services as well as proven AI / ML capabilities have been successfully applied across industries like Retail, High across industries like Retail, High--Tech, BFSI, Distribution and Manufacturing Tech, BFSI, Distribution and Manufacturing as well as Market as well as Market Research and Consulting. Research and Consulting.